cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Simple on/off 12V disconnect switch

bwc
Explorer
Explorer
Is there such a thing as a manual 12VDC battery disconnect switch that will separate the truck from the camper when parked but will allow 12V for the camper. Most if not all that I see do not allow any 12V to camper when turned off. If not would the Sure Power 1314 be another choice? I am happy with current charge rate, just want to keep truck and camper separated when parked. Also, would the Sure Power be installed in line of the camper's positive battery wires, 12V in and then 12V out along with a ground or does it need to be installed on the charge wire in the camper? Thanks.
2003 Dodge Laramie SLT 3500 dually diesel 4x2 auto and 2009 Northstar 9.5 Igloo U. Love this combo. Very fuel efficient, lots of room, easy to park and set up.
17 REPLIES 17

Dadio24
Explorer
Explorer
Google images for "battery disconnect switch" at Harbor Freight. Less than $5. Haven't tried it, but looks very simple.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
This is one of the best ways to go.
Large posts are for battery supply. Small post is for connection to a circuit that is "hot" when ignition switch is in the "run" position.

Battery switch

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

abslayer
Explorer
Explorer
I believe once you shut truck off this happens automatically to protect truck battery from being drained.
Why would you want to change that ??