cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

sink and faucet

boingram
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all...we r fairly new newbies in our third season...FR micro lite 25s....love the tt...hate the kitchen sink and faucet...good source or reccomendations for upgrade will be appreciated...thx...bo
9 REPLIES 9

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
custom sinks

Anything someone is willing to pay for can be boughtโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nothing magical about RV faucets. Go to Home Depot or Lowes. You "might" have to do the sharkbite thing like bear II said, but not always. Many have the standard fittings. You'll know when you pull it off.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the RV sink faucet connections are not the standard residential connections so you may need to adapt or cutoff and add new connections to the sink feeds.

I cutoff and used SharkBite fittngs from Home Depot to add a residential faucet to our RV.

TravelingTeache
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced the kitchen sink and faucet with ones from Lowes. Hubby did a total remodel of our TT and put in a double 10 1/2 sink for me, which he also raised up 4" so my back would not hurt as bad from doing dishes. Love it!
In progress
Complete #1
Complete #2

Here is my blog, describing the reno project, and our first big trip. The Traveling Teacher
2003 Timberlodge Travel Trailer
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
The Traveling Teacher

emonkemeier
Explorer
Explorer
We used a sink and faucet from IKEA. They are sized smaller and fit great in the trailer. We changed from a double sink to a single with drain board attached. Also, the strainer is now a full size instead of the smaller RV style.
Ed
2012 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
2012 Cruiser RV Viewfinder 24SD

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
BUT I did change out the cheap RV faucet to a residential faucet.

We did the same thing. However, I was able to find an upgraded and larger (taller) kitchen faucet fixture at the local RV stealership cheaper than the box stores. Go figure :h
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Measure current sink size, clearance below sink.......and counter top.

Then Lowes/Home Depot etc. to see if you can find a sink that will fit.

Good Luck! I didn't find a sink that would fit.

BUT I did change out the cheap RV faucet to a residential faucet.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
home depot

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Could you not replace it with a regular house fixture? Just be sure to measure around the sink so there is enough spacing.