cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sleepys birthday

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Sleepy is having a birthday today. I understand he is close to 90, just wondering if he's the oldest truck camper here? He probably would say he is oldest and wisest.:R
40 REPLIES 40

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
:S

How rude of me. Should have furnished a link to the TC Magazine article I mentioned.

Link: Palomino Line-Xed camper
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Its tough to tell how the units shell seams were assembled. Were they Line-X ed before the trim was put on? A gazilion other questions, too.

I'll have to drive to a dealer to really inspect one close up, this spring. Linex is a nice strong skin, but I would like to verify if the entire camper shell & seams were Line-X ed...

In a few TC Magazine photos, I see lots of caulking around jack mounts and other exterior vents. So, do you still have to caulk all the seams and exterior mounted items??
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Belated happy birthday from me also.

AND, have you seen the latest on Truck Camper Magazine?????? Guess it is the Palomino brand, but they've sprayed the entire exterior with Line-X coating.

Perhaps, unsure here, but this may be an idea for the problems you're having with the exterior of your Lance.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

My_Blue_Heaven
Explorer
Explorer
Add my belated best wishes, Chet. We are still resting up from our rather strenuous five day ATV ride in Utah and thirty hour drive each way. Without power steering on the ATV, this (almost) 66 year old was tired and sore each night from wrestling the bike around all day.
2001 F350 Lariat CC 4WD 7.3 PSD dually, chipped, 4" SS exhaust, 350 hp, Rancho 9000's, front receiver, front & rear Roadmasters
2009 Arctic Fox 990S, storm windows, Cummins/Onan, FastGuns, Torklifts

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
Sleepy wrote:
PS... I initially thought that it might mean that I am doddery... "Doddery definition, shaky or trembling, as from old age; tottering: a doddering old man"

Chet: nope. You're hardly that. Aren't you demolishing rooms in your house with your own two hands, and rebuilding/remodeling them? Heck, you are doing a lot more physical labor than I am at present :B
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
As you have seen, I have been informed that I with my recent birthday am now a "dodranscentennial "

Looking that up on google I find....

"If itโ€™s 75 years, youโ€™re supposed to call it a dodranscentennial, from the Latin de quadrans, which means โ€œa whole unit of something less one-quarter.โ€

I'll proudly take it.... nothing beats being here, alive and well.

Thank you

Chet

PS... I initially thought that it might mean that I am doddery... "Doddery definition, shaky or trembling, as from old age; tottering: a doddering old man"

My truck camper is getting "doddery" but I'm keeping it as long as I can.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
... dodranscentennial

Wow... I had to look THAT one up. Thank you Chet for aging so well so I may add to my crossword vocabulary (LOL.) Camper stuff aside, because of you I still am learning!
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

RickW
Explorer III
Explorer III
Belated anniversary regards,
Rick
04 GMC 1500 4X4X4, 04 Sunlite SB

iwon415
Explorer
Explorer
Been on vacation! Happy Birthday, Chet!

TimH

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
...whoops. I missed this thread. A happy dodranscentennial Chet from Dunes and I

๐Ÿ™‚
Silver

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't read all the replies here, just one that says he's ninety and another that says he looks like he's seventy-five. Cheers to Sleepy and his fountain of youth!! Cheers Sleepy!!!!!

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone....

i was sleepy and missed it myself.

I hope to have at least 35 more... and hope that all of you can be there for all of them.

Chet
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Well I'm late to the party, but still sending you happy wishes for your birthday and everyday! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
A Very Happy Birthday to you, Sleepy! May you have many more! I love following You and Mrs. Sleepy on your adventures.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member