cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out broke?

ike1450
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Rockwood Roo that we took out camping. I will try to explain what happened. When we went to pull out the slide, the slide out channel broke? It is approx 5 ft. long that slides over a small channel. The Roo dealership where we usually does not carry it. Anyone know of somewhere in NW or northern Indiana that would take care of this? Pete's rv is way to slow and never got back to us with previous issues. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
I think your best bet would be to contact the factory. They can help you with a dealer as well as the part. Good luck, I always hate it when a camping trip goes sour.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
ike1450 wrote:
We have a Rockwood Roo that we took out camping. I will try to explain what happened. When we went to pull out the slide, the slide out channel broke? It is approx 5 ft. long that slides over a small channel. The Roo dealership where we usually does not carry it. Anyone know of somewhere in NW or northern Indiana that would take care of this? Pete's rv is way to slow and never got back to us with previous issues. Thanks.

Shot in the dark if you haven't already tried, try googling a local "Rv service" only repair shop.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
ike1450 wrote:

it would help if you posted year and model of Roo. or put it in your sig line.
you're in Indiana. the Roo/Shamrock factory is probably a few hours from you. or you can contact Forest River parts dept.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes