cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slide out cable issue

gocamping14
Explorer
Explorer
have a primetime tracer with a rear lounge slide, about 10'. one of the top return cables,(total of 4 on unit, 2 top and 2 bottom) is totally slack and while the slide returns to the closed position, it is not working correctly. is this worth removing some slide covers to have a look or take it to the dealer. thanks for any assistance........ss
4 REPLIES 4

gocamping14
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the suggestions. after removing 3 pieces of internal trim, I got to the cable system. one of the end nuts had vibrated off. after loosening a cable, was able to return system to good working condition. I nicely screwed the trim back into place, as over time these cables will need to be checked and or adjusted. now I can gain easy access to the whole cable system. rv units really should have been assembled in this fasion.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
When you get it adjusted like you want it, put another nut on it to lock it in place.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
Bal Accu Slide

All the manuals are available as you scroll down the Bal site.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

rmartinbull
Explorer
Explorer
They are easy enough to adjust, most are a threaded rod on the end of the cable, with a nut for adjustment. On mine they are marked as to where they go. Not sure if there is some kind of procedure to follow
or not, I tightened it some, put in slide, checked the cables, then tightened it till it felt good