cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out not level

scott_dv
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 35' travel trailer with a cable operated slide out. I noticed upon inspection that when looking from the side my slide is not level and siting about 1.5" lower on the back of the trailer vs. the front.

It opens and closes fine, but the previous owner stated they had a leak in the back corner which made me want to investigate further. It seems to seal fine against the top and bottom it's just the back top corner that is sitting lower.

Any ideas? Is there an adjustment that can be made?
15 REPLIES 15

scott_dv
Explorer
Explorer

So........ I finally got around to investigating the problem, turns out the floor on the tip out had rotted out as part of the water damage and the front roller fell off.

Second, the bottom supporting studs had rotted out as well and needed to be replaced, after all of that and getting new sub floor installed throughout the living area which levels up with the existing perfectly, it looks as though the tip out is just about level with the floor height, is this going to be an issue when I attempt to close the slide or does it lift a bit when I engage the slide out?

Just nervous to attempt closing and cause damage, any advice here would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
On a previous trailer, it had the cable and roller set-up. I discovered that on one side the roller had come completely loose and the slide was actually sliding on the lower wood edge of the trailer! It had completely slipped off the rollers. It was an easy fix to lift the slide up with a jack, move the roller back over and tighten it.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
scott_dv wrote:
BTW, Thank you camperforlife for your help!

You are welcome. That came from the forum technical support tab and there is a sticky on picture posting.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
My slide is level when it is in, it leans downwards when extended. It is a rack and pinion drive and I have never found an adjustment.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

scott_dv
Explorer
Explorer
i will inspect tomorrow, thank you again for all your help guys!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
wrgrs50s wrote:
SoundGuy wrote:
scott_dv wrote:

Yeah, start with make / model /year of trailer, make of slide mechanism if you can - pics would help as well.

Its a Bal Accuslide system if it's cable driven. The only adjustment is on the cables, which wont change how it sets in the opening. They only need adjusting if they have slack in them. There are 3 rollers that can be seen from the outside underneath the slide when extended. You might check to see that none of those are broken.

As suggested by 'wrgrs50s'

"There are 3 rollers that can be seen from the outside underneath the slide when extended. You might check to see that none of those are broken."
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

scott_dv
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, Thank you camperforlife for your help!

scott_dv
Explorer
Explorer

As you can see by the photo, the right top corner is lower than the left.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
scott_dv wrote:
is there a simple way to add a photo in my reply?

You need to put the photo on a hosting site and link to it.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
scott_dv wrote:

Upload a picture HERE, copy the URL and paste it in your message. Very simple.

scott_dv
Explorer
Explorer

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I have no experience with the bale type (if thats what you have) but the rack and pinion type have a myriad of adjustments. The problem is one adjustment effects another but if you make small incremental changes, it's easily done.

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
scott_dv wrote:

Yeah, start with make / model /year of trailer, make of slide mechanism if you can - pics would help as well.

Its a Bal Accuslide system if it's cable driven. The only adjustment is on the cables, which wont change how it sets in the opening. They only need adjusting if they have slack in them. There are 3 rollers that can be seen from the outside underneath the slide when extended. You might check to see that none of those are broken.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

scott_dv
Explorer
Explorer
1996 Hornet 35F

I will post pictures once I get home, can't seem to do it on my phone.