cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Stuck in Pennsylvania HELP

d4ve23
Explorer
Explorer
We're located in Central PA. My slide got stuck out in Ohio. I took it to a dealer but they do not want to fix it. They managed to get the slide back in but say they can't get the parts. It is a Happijack slide. Any recommendations for a reputable RV repair shop in Central Pennsylvania? I'm in Lewisburg, north of Harrisburg.
7 REPLIES 7

bhall
Explorer
Explorer

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
in the mean time, I had a 2005 Titanium 5th wheel that has the same problem. (probably not the same motor, but reading the other thread it sure sounds like it).

I would lube everything, make that slide move easy and see if that don't help.

But in the Titanium they sent me a new slide motor that has a different gear ratio. (the motor would spin more revolutions to move slide each inch)
Because of the ratio change the motor was under less load which caused the clutch to stop skipping.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
Outdoor express. Falling waters west Virginia.. They are on i81. You are very close to them.
Lance/palomino dealer THEY KNOW TRUCK CAMPERS
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
You got Susquehanna RV in Selinsgrove and Rhones up near Williamsport. Ive used both and Ive had good and bad service from both. If you can grab one of the better service techs at Rhones you might be OK. Im sorry but I dont remember the name of the guy up there who I really liked. I havent been there for atleast 5 years. I would give them a call first and tell them what slide mechanism you have. They both sell a lot of RVs with slide outs so I would assume someone should be familiar with the Happijac system. I bought my AF from Kellys RV in West Milton. They have one service guy and I cant tell you much about him. I never used him/them yet for service.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

BillL1356
Explorer
Explorer
You might try Camping World east of Harrisburg; used to be Grunbines RV. Not sure if they are any good, however, they do sell a ton of RVs.

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't offer any specific recommendations but I can point you to RV Service Reviews which may help you find someone local that others have used and reviewed.

Good luck.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

handye9
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at this thread (click here), maybe it will help you DIY.
18 Nissan Titan XD
12 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Wife and I
Retired Navy Master Chief (retired since 1995)