cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide topper for rear Bed slid out

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
Some friends of ours just bought a new to them 2006 Keystone Outback 23RS with a rear Queen bed slide. The trailer is in excellent condition and looks to have very little use. They were asking if a slide topper was available for that type of slide out. I didn't know the answer so I'm asking the question here. Are slide toppers available for rear bedroom slide trailers?
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT
5 REPLIES 5

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to me that this question came around some years ago and at that time, no one knew of a slide cover that was readily available. Several suggested checking with a canvas/boat sail company and they might make it custom. Might also contact the manufacturer to see if they have any suggestions.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

gaymeadowsman
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
gaymeadowsman wrote:
Some friends of ours just bought a new to them 2006 Keystone Outback 23RS with a rear Queen bed slide. The trailer is in excellent condition and looks to have very little use. They were asking if a slide topper was available for that type of slide out. I didn't know the answer so I'm asking the question here. Are slide toppers available for rear bedroom slide trailers?

just so you know, that trailer is NOT a hybrid TT. it has no canvas bunk ends, which make it a hybrid.

it is a regular TT that has a hard sided bed slideout in the back, instead of the normal side placement.

i think they would get better answers on the TT forum, since hybrid beds are WAY different than their bed.
your friends mattress is a regular mattress, while hybrids usually have a 2-3" foam mattress with a seam in the middle to be able to fold it in half.

But this trailer is still considered an "Expandable" the same term used for Hybrid trailers. My first camper was a hybrid so I know what they are.
If the moderator thinks this post needs to be moved please feel free. That would be better than having it deleted for double posting.
John ๐Ÿ˜›
Ted :R

in search of the next one
2010 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab LT
2015 Chevrolet Impala LT

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
gaymeadowsman wrote:

just so you know, that trailer is NOT a hybrid TT. it has no canvas bunk ends, which make it a hybrid.

it is a regular TT that has a hard sided bed slideout in the back, instead of the normal side placement.

i think they would get better answers on the TT forum, since hybrid beds are WAY different than their bed.
your friends mattress is a regular mattress, while hybrids usually have a 2-3" foam mattress with a seam in the middle to be able to fold it in half.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

nma33
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on the shape of the rear of the TT, My Motorhome has slide topper for both side slides but none over the back bedroom slide because there is no room to install one above the slide.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
There are for MHs, so probably yes for trailers.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.