cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spare tire carry at front bumper

PhilR
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd like to have a spare tire more accessible than the factory setup under the rear end of my Chevy 2500HD. The front of the truck looks like the obvious place to install a 2" receiver with a spare carrier.
My only concern would be obstructing the air flow into the grill. Anyone who has tried this approach....please share your experience and opinions. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
On my F250 I did not have front receiver, so I made a bracket that clamp tow hook.
Other that it obstructed a light a bit, no problems.
I did it for weight distribution.

emcvay
Explorer
Explorer

No problem but the big diesels have good cooling. I've pushed it out 7" further away from the grill though so I can open the hood now 😉
2019 F350 Lariat FX4 DRW PS6.7
2019 AF990

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
PhilR wrote:
I'd like to have a spare tire more accessible than the factory setup under the rear end of my Chevy 2500HD. The front of the truck looks like the obvious place to install a 2" receiver with a spare carrier.
My only concern would be obstructing the air flow into the grill. Anyone who has tried this approach....please share your experience and opinions. Thanks

I had one on a front bumper mount tire carrier,never had any issues at all with anything..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04