cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sport Truck Sport Chassis

ARTSBEST
Explorer
Explorer
Any input would be most appreciated. What are the towing specs (weight-wise) on these trucks and why are they so expensive? $170K+ is unbelievable. I sat in a new customized one recently and believe me they're beautiful inside (didn't drive one of course) and would love to own one for cycle hauling events but man their price tag is over-the-top. Why so expensive? What do one of these 350 HP diesel M2 trucks cost stock? Thanks for any input.
6 REPLIES 6

Dave___Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
There's another option.....You can order the Freightliner you want and then have it converted over in Indiana. I was at Freightliner dealership a few years back and the salesperson said he hated to sell the "sport Chassis" because of costs. He shared with me that he uses a company in Indian call "Utility Bodyerks". At that time I was going to be able to spec out the truck I wanted for around $125K. I spoke with the "Utility Bodywerks" and they seemed to be helpful people.
www.utilitybodywerks.com
Good Luck and I hope this helps
2015 Entegra Aspire RBQ

bigg-limo
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Dennis,…i wouldn't even give it any consideration. That's coming from someone who's owned 3 of them, and then finally decided to move up to an HDT. Depending on how heavy a trailer you're looking to tow, is gonna play a big factor in the performance of those two trucks also.

ARTSBEST
Explorer
Explorer
I found it, thanks again. I'm considering a Sport Chassis or an Ford F650 customized. We'll see how things play out.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Should have put in a link to the HDT Forum
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

ARTSBEST
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dennis. We frequent Geneva once and a while for my sister resides there (out by the auto mall) and we love Gen Hoe's.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
The expense is in the bells & whistles and the low miles. If you want a competent hauler at a reasonable price go spend some time in the HDT forum.

If that's Naperville, IL We'll be back in Geneva sometime in early April and you could come over and take a look at my Volvo.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure