cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

squirt

nephi007
Explorer
Explorer
howdy. Got a dinky cut/slice in galley kitchen spout which squirts when faucet opened. it's original equipment so it's a plastic tupe. How to fix? Dealer sez to order entire unit is $35.00. I suggested silicone caulking. Dealer said temporary fix msybe super glue. I counteted with JB Weld.. Advise please
11 REPLIES 11

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
great a true fix it guy.

nephi007
Explorer
Explorer
ok all good advise. We agreed the replacing the faucet with a residential model is the way to go. Since we are in boonies I bought something called PC Marine epoxy putty which sealed the crack to hold it to we get back to town,

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Heat a screw driver or something else small, metal and pointy on the stove and smooth over the leaking area.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
you don,t need to be a rocket scientist to change it, and if your not handy we all have a friend that loves to tinker.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Oops, sorry!
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
GO to Home Depot and buy a residential kitchen faucet and replace that piece of plastic RV junk

Right answer. Take the old off first and take that with you to the store. Find a replacement with the same distance between the hot and cold, or be prepared to drill new holes in the counter.

I agree big box store or Habitat resale store.

Pictures and make of RV also help.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Although I am also in favor of replacement, if you are not concerned about appearance then J B Weld often works wonders.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Down nailed it. The spacing of the holes can vary, so take the old one or measure and order from Amazon.
Amazon and next day delivery may be your cheapest option.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
GO to Home Depot and buy a residential kitchen faucet and replace that piece of plastic RV junk

Right answer. Take the old off first and take that with you to the store. Find a replacement with the same distance between the hot and cold, or be prepared to drill new holes in the counter.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
GO to Home Depot and buy a residential kitchen faucet and replace that piece of plastic RV junk.....which is just going to continue to give you issues

And if that is too expensive...RVs might NOT be the right hobby.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Spend $35?