cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Load advice

SlideInDad
Explorer
Explorer
So installed the lower stable loads today and went on perfectly on passenger side with all 3 plates per instructions. Driver side a bit of a different story. Spacing between overload and rest of springs is 102mm(4") front side and only 52mm(2") rear so I could only put two plates on the rear per instruction and installed full set forward side per instructions. Problem is now I still have a full 1/4"+ left of space on driver side front leafs when engaged before loading. Passenger side will be fully engaged sitting higher than driver side. I could actually fit a 4th plate on the driver fwd position but the extra plate not used from the driver rear is angled the wrong way though not sure that really matters other than for looks.

Torklift tech support not open on weekends.
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax CC - 2006 Lance 861
SuperSprings/Airlift/Bilstein 5100/TowBeast/Torklift tie downs
previous setup:
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW Duramax - 2003 Arctic Fox 1150 Dry Bath
16 REPLIES 16

SlideInDad
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I did, install went smooth it's just when sitting unloaded the overloads simply don't have even spacing front/rear on driver's side. Passenger side spacing was 81mm each side so just over 3/4" which was perfect for the full stack install. Drivers offset 1" F 1/2" rear.
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax CC - 2006 Lance 861
SuperSprings/Airlift/Bilstein 5100/TowBeast/Torklift tie downs
previous setup:
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW Duramax - 2003 Arctic Fox 1150 Dry Bath

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
Did you use a jack to take some of the weight off the rear end before you tried installing the full set? That was a necessary step when I installed mine.
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison