cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Load by Tork Lift

taycotrains
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought my TC a little over 2 weeks ago I wasn't out of the POs neighborhood with it when I thought...."this was a mistake" but my wife assured me "it will be fine this is a good idea...you'll see".

Well she doesn't have to drive the freaking thing...I couldn't believe the way the truck handled...it swayed side to side like a overloaded tandem dump truck...it was awful!

I read on this site about airbags and Helwig sway bars but figured I would try the easy way out with the Stable Load by Tork Lift.She ordered them Monday night and they were here today.

I installed them in about a hour and drove the truck around town...

Very good results !!! no more sway and the truck seems to handle a lot better.

Finally some good news !

23 REPLIES 23

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
arto_wa wrote:
Nice photo but unfortunately it does not help much!

Would you please tell us what kind of truck is it.

I can tell that it's a Ford F250
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Stabeloads work wonders for me too...

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

broncobran68
Explorer
Explorer
420,000 miles!? Surely you added a zero or two.

taycotrains
Explorer
Explorer
The truck is a 2011 Superduty F-250 4X4 Crewcab with a 6.2 gasser the truck is only a XL and is spartan to say the least,crank windows,rubber floor mats and vinyl seats...I added cruise control and Ford factory brake controller.

I purchased it used with 42000 miles on it about 18 months ago to replace a 2005 F-250 XLT fully loaded....but that abomination of a 6.0 powerstroke dropped dead after 109000 miles ...so it was basically junked.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah...that is a VERY light spring pack. I don't usually suggest running off to the spring shop (many others do)...but in your case....

Edit; OK ...I see you posted 2011 F250...but 2 leafs in the rear? The shaft looks small too.

What is the truck rated at?

OTH the camper does not look real heavy...and if you say it is handling fine...well then life is good.

It is a curious setup for a 250 though...

You should run it all over the scales.
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

arto_wa
Explorer
Explorer
Nice photo but unfortunately it does not help much!

Would you please tell us what kind of truck is it.
99 F350 4x4 CC DRW 7.3L PSD, 97 Bigfoot 2500 10.6
(11,900#)

89 Duckworth 17' Pro 302

taycotrains
Explorer
Explorer
Heres the truck ...

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
jefe 4x4 wrote:

You need to fill out your rig's specs on your user file so we can see what kind of rig we are talking about.

Ditto... I'm guessing your truck doesn't have a rear sway bar? If you really want to see an improvement on top of what you've done, get a Road Master Rear Anti-Sway bar. Expect around $500.
I did have a factory rear bar, and upgraded to that. Huge difference. I can't imagine what the difference would feel like if you had no rear sway bar at all and put one on.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
Bob,
This is good news.
You need to fill out your rig's specs on your user file so we can see what kind of rig we are talking about. At least I know your name.
From the picture i deduce a 2-leaf main spring with a thick lower overload which is what is keeping you stable. From the u-joint flange it can be a Toyota or maybe a Ford with that big round flange. In any case, it looks like you have a 1/2 ton truck.
Keep us posted on how all that works out for you.
regards, as always, jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar