cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

stick on levels

mgpassport
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, apparently I did place them on correctly (level) last time.
I just removed them and cleaned up the spot they where on and I bought some two sided tape to put them back.
I got no directions with them, So what is the proper placement for them....On the corners our in the center of trailer.
Thanks in advance for any reply's....
10 REPLIES 10

BigSkyTrailer_G
Explorer
Explorer
+ 1 on using a level.... however, I'd take my inside level reading on the counter top around ,the sink and near the Fridge. Take it lengthwise and when it's good, go out and stick on your lengthwise level. Then repeat for side to side level.
Water drainage back out of the sink is my main concern, as well as doors staying closed (not swinging open on their own). When you stick on your levels, stick them on each side of one front corner, so you can see them both standing at one location.

Muddydogs
Explorer
Explorer
The most important thing to have level is the fridge. Use a torpedo level that will fit in the freezer or fridge making sure where you put the level is flat and free of anything like ice that will throw things off. Level the fridge front to back and side to side, after the fridge is level apply your outside levels to the front corner of the trailer where they can be seen easily.

Before unhooking your rig check the side to side level to see if you will need to raise the tires on one side to get the trailer close to level. After unhooking your TV level the trailer front to back then finish the side to side level with the stabilizer jacks. A half of bubble off level really isn't all that much and I find it acceptable in my trailer.
2015 Eclipse Iconic Toy Hauler made by Eclipse Manufacturing which is a pile of junk. If you want to know more just ask and I'll tell you about cracked frames, loose tin, walls falling off, bad holding tanks and very poor customer service.

randallb
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to make life easy purchase a Camco EZ-Level. Turn it on and throw it on the floor. Glance in the door as needed or have someone call out the direction you need to go. We can level our 15RB in 2 minutes.
Randy

kvangil
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:

Since the OP wanted instructions, the above process was for installing the levels, not for each and every time you camp. If you ever checked the tongue (A-frame) of a trailer you might find it to be a very poor choice for locating a level.
Ahhhh...I see. That makes sense then. Thought you meant for every time. ๐Ÿ˜„

Anyway, the A-frame location works for us. We're level enough to the point we can't tell when inside. I can put a watermelon on the counter and it won't roll away.
2004 Jayco X23b
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
kvangil wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
You need to carefully level the trailer frame side to side and front to back using a good 4 ft level. Don't use the stab jacks when doing this. Stick levels on opposite corners, one front, one rear and on each side.
Might be overkill for a hybrid? ๐Ÿ˜‰ We use a stick-on that we put on the top of the A-frame for leveling side-to-side, and another one on the side of the A-frame that is used for measuring front to back (also used for measuring hitching angle). When both bubbles are in the middle, we're good to go. This placement works for us, so we don't have to run back and forth or have someone spotting from the side. But...Everyone has their methods, so YMMV. ๐Ÿ™‚

Since the OP wanted instructions, the above process was for installing the levels, not for each and every time you camp. If you ever checked the tongue (A-frame) of a trailer you might find it to be a very poor choice for locating a level.

kvangil
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
You need to carefully level the trailer frame side to side and front to back using a good 4 ft level. Don't use the stab jacks when doing this. Stick levels on opposite corners, one front, one rear and on each side.
Might be overkill for a hybrid? ๐Ÿ˜‰ We use a stick-on that we put on the top of the A-frame for leveling side-to-side, and another one on the side of the A-frame that is used for measuring front to back (also used for measuring hitching angle). When both bubbles are in the middle, we're good to go. This placement works for us, so we don't have to run back and forth or have someone spotting from the side. But...Everyone has their methods, so YMMV. ๐Ÿ™‚
2004 Jayco X23b
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
First don't use the foam tape. The level will move and be useless. I used 3M VHB tape. You need to carefully level the trailer frame side to side and front to back using a good 4 ft level. Don't use the stab jacks when doing this. Stick levels on opposite corners, one front, one rear and on each side.

mgpassport
Explorer
Explorer
I pulled them off because I did not have them on level....

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Whereever they are convenient for YOU to see/use/get benefit from
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

TheGreatWaz00
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen them in the middle of the camper (left to right and front to back).

Why did you have to pull them off?

I was thinking of using stick on levels as opposed to screw mounted.
Waz's from Maryland
Rockwood Roo 23ss
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie