cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superflex vs Dicor EPDM

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2005 Hybrid trailer where the roof is starting to wear out. It looks like it came with an EPDM roof. The question is: can I replace the EPDM roof with a Alpha Systems Superflex roof or should I stick with the original EPDM type roof?

The difference is that the Superflex 25ft kit is $385 and the Dicor EPDM is $660.

Thanks!
2001 V6 Toyota Tundra / 2005 StarCraft Antiqua 195CK
11 REPLIES 11

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about Superflex.
But if it was introduced in 2014, it doesn't have much of a track record yet.

All of my Dicor roofed TTs looked like new at 3 years of age.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
BentJewels wrote:
We are doing the same on our 1987 rv. I found the kit at rvpartsnation.com for 30 ft kit $423.95 thinking I'm paying for EPDM but you are forced to check the box before ordering... "they reserve the right to "upgrade" to Superflex"... if it's a lot cheaper & upgrade / better... why is there this message?? Feeling like I might should just order from Amazon. Curious what you guys ended up doing & how did it work out? Thanks in advance! ❤️
https://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-exterior/rv-roofing/rv-rubber-roof/rv-rubber-roof-kit/

Get the Superflex, it's the better mousetrap. I was skeptical at first but our 17 Rockwood came with it so had no choice. I would need to scrub the EPDM roofs on prior campers twice a year to keep them white and with the Supeflex that involves once at the end of the season. A light brushing using Dawn and it looks like the day it was installed. Takes 20 minutes. No more marking of the sidewalls from the EPDM chalking off either.

This has been the first membrane roof where the sealants have not cracked in the first two years like the Dicor sealants are prone to do.

The link in the other post where the guy had an Alpha Systems roof go bad after 5 1/2 years would not have been Superflex. Prior to Alpha coming out with Superflex they previously marketed EPDM and TPO. That's what the poster in that thread had to have as it was a 2010 camper, and Superflex was introduced @ 2014.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer
BentJewels wrote:
We are doing the same on our 1987 rv. I found the kit at rvpartsnation.com for 30 ft kit $423.95 thinking I'm paying for EPDM but you are forced to check the box before ordering... "they reserve the right to "upgrade" to Superflex"... if it's a lot cheaper & upgrade / better... why is there this message?? Feeling like I might should just order from Amazon. Curious what you guys ended up doing & how did it work out? Thanks in advance! ❤️
https://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-exterior/rv-roofing/rv-rubber-roof/rv-rubber-roof-kit/

We decided to put it off until next summer when we have had a chance to save up a bit. Was looking at the roof and decided we could wait another winter.

BentJewels
Explorer
Explorer

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you doing the work yourself, or paying someone to do it? If you are paying for a roof replacement, I would STRONGLY encourage you to research some of the spray on roof materials out there. I believe Rhino Liner does a spray on RV roof, but there is another company that specifically does RV roof sprays.

Search this forum for a member named edatlanta. I believe he used a product called rvroof.com and absolutely loves the result. He paid decent money for the product, but found it to be a substantial upgrade over the factory rubber roof.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info!

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
wagreens wrote:
We have a 2005 Hybrid trailer where the roof is starting to wear out. It looks like it came with an EPDM roof. The question is: can I replace the EPDM roof with a Alpha Systems Superflex roof or should I stick with the original EPDM type roof?

The difference is that the Superflex 25ft kit is $385 and the Dicor EPDM is $660.

Thanks!
Here is a link to someone with experience.
his lasted 5.5 years : Alpha Superflex roof
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bumpyroad wrote:
what is this superflex made of? it wouldn't take much to be an improvement in my opinion.
bumpy

This will answer your question. Not sure it would be an improvement though.

Wagreens,
I think I would give it a try. The difference in price is impressive.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

wagreens
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
what is this superflex made of? it wouldn't take much to be an improvement in my opinion.
bumpy

Looking further, it's an alternative to the EPDM roofing. Just wondering if anyone else has used it?

lucy6194
Explorer
Explorer
We are in process of redoing our 2006 jayco 5th wheels roof with liquid roof. Have to prime it cause alfa roof.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy