cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC insurance

My_Blue_Heaven
Explorer
Explorer
It turns out that we have unnecessarily been paying for a separate policy for our TC (with another company for 5 years!!) when I learned today that the TC would have been covered under my USAA truck policy for no charge! Duh.

Perhaps this post will save others from making this mistake. Mea culpa.
2001 F350 Lariat CC 4WD 7.3 PSD dually, chipped, 4" SS exhaust, 350 hp, Rancho 9000's, front receiver, front & rear Roadmasters
2009 Arctic Fox 990S, storm windows, Cummins/Onan, FastGuns, Torklifts
8 REPLIES 8

Gaetan
Explorer
Explorer
As far as liability is concerned the truck insurance covers while it is on the truck
Your home owner should cover while of the truck, but in case of fire burglary and vandalism
You better have a specific insurance to cover it.
The best is to have all your insurance at the same place so they d'ont shovel the claim from one to an other.
This is from a life time insurance man
Gaetan
Gaetan St-Hilaire
2004 silverado 4/4 2500HD long box Duramax/Allison
2003 everest 323k
2003 northernlite ten 2000 rd

Rettrooper
Explorer
Explorer
I too have USAA insurance and they told me that, yes, we would need to insure it separately for coverage while not being on the truck. Our premiums went up from insuring our m/h to a new TC. The way I look at it is for what you pay in premiums is nothing compared to risking losing your major investment by trying to save a few bucks by not insuring it separately. These rigs are expensive, especially when you consider what a new truck and TC cost combined. $75K for a new Ford Dually and $55K for a large TC with multiple slides. A lot of money, get the coverage!
2013 Eagle Cap 1160
2006 Ford F-350 SD CC Diesel

My_Blue_Heaven
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Super Dave, I just got back off the phone with USAA and they advised the TC would be covered off the truck by my homeowner's policy, WHEREVER it was off the truck.
2001 F350 Lariat CC 4WD 7.3 PSD dually, chipped, 4" SS exhaust, 350 hp, Rancho 9000's, front receiver, front & rear Roadmasters
2009 Arctic Fox 990S, storm windows, Cummins/Onan, FastGuns, Torklifts

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would be very cautious of what your insurance company told you. I recently went through the same thing and find out that my company, Allstate, in fact does not cover the camper when it is on the truck unless you have separate insurance on the camper.
It may be that other companies have different policies as to whether the units are covered under a single policy.
In my case the first person I talked to did in fact state that the camper was cover under the truck policy.

Do a search on Truck Camper insurance.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
When your camper is on your truck and in your driveway, you were actually triple covered on the camper. Home owners insurance, truck insurance and camper insurance. I've been damaged while in that situation and simply checked to see which provided the lowest deductable. Once I pull out of the driveway, I'm only double covered. Once I take it off the truck, I'm only singlely covered.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Or some kind soul likes it more than you when it's not on your truck....
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

MN_Ben
Explorer
Explorer
^^^What he said.. :E
2006 F350 Dually PSD
2008 Keystone Laredo 29RL 5th Wheel

2002 F250 7.3 PSD -SOLD
2004 Lance 1130 -SOLD
2005 Lance 981 -SOLD
2000 Lance 1010-SOLD
199? Texan 650 -SOLD
Ford FX4 Ranger -SOLD

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Call them back and ask what happens when it falls off its jacks in a storage facility or a campground.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk