cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TC storage question

realter
Explorer
Explorer
If you live in a subdivision that prohibits storing your TC beside your home, where do you keep it? Do you remove it from the truck?

I've been keeping my rig in an rv storage garage, and am tired of the high rent. But at least it's dry and secure.
22 REPLIES 22

silversand
Explorer
Explorer
realter wrote:
I've been keeping my rig in an rv storage garage, and am tired of the high rent.

...I'm curious: by "high rent", how much are you paying? We're paying $840 + tax for 8 months on indoor heated storage with unlimited electric, for 22-foot long space. That's just over $100 a month. many years ago in the same facility, our rent was at the $699 for 8 months + tax. But over almost 11 years storage, it climbed precipitously up to a staggering $840, for 8 months of indoor climate controlled.

We are looking for quality "covered" storage in the Orlando area for winters (not necessarily climate controlled in-door storage, like we have now up here in the north), where we'd drive the rig down, use for 3 weeks, and store. And fly home. Repeat, but fly down several times over winter. Then, our last use in Florida, we'd drive the rig back home for the summer months...repeat. Kind of "fly and store". Airport pick-up/drop-off from storage facility included...
Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
I keep mine in a barn for the winter, worked out a deal with the landowner where I hunt.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
building permits are cheaper and ordinances are much less stringent outside the city limits too.

I lived in an HOA, all it did was prompt us to move away.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
You'll find that many municipalities have bylaws that prohibit things similar to what an HOA prohibits, but they generally don't get enforced unless the offense is egregious. Basically the bylaws exist to deal with the "old car up on cinder blocks in the front lawn" crowd.

I reviewed my town's bylaws and was surprised at what I was "getting away with."

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
At my new house in a different subdivison. Seriously we ruled out a lot of places to buy a home just because we wanted to be able to park the rig in our side yard behind our fence... HOA's can bite me.

X2... It was important to us to keep our toys at home, it seems easier for me to clean, service and inspect things when I can walk out my door. Just today, I changed my boats oil, lower unit was serviced and replaced the water seperator since I'm leaving early in the am to go fishing. Hard to do that at a storage yard.

Will be moving here soon to property and one of my requirements will be either an existing shop that will house everything or room to build one.
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't have enough room to store at my house, so I store mine at a storage lot.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
I keep mine off the truck in my garage. Of course most people probably don't have garage's tall enough. I think indoor storage goes a long way toward preserving the life of an RV. It might be a good investment to build a garage beside or behind the house to park the camper. You could leave it on the truck if you make it tall enough.
If your HOA doesn't allow the camper beside the house, in the garage, or in a detached garage I would move. Seriously. I can't imagine letting others tell me what I can or can't do with my own property.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
At my new house in a different subdivison. Seriously we ruled out a lot of places to buy a home just because we wanted to be able to park the rig in our side yard behind our fence... HOA's can bite me.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags