cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
32 REPLIES 32

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
It's the only way he can keep the ball rolling.

He needs more deposits from suc, errrrr, customers on products that will never happen.

Over 25% of the people that put reservations on the Model 3 have backed out. And more on the way. That's really bad news for Musk.

We want a refund Tesla.

$2,500 reservations, another way to keep the ball rolling. Lets pay this guy $3,500 with no delivery date. :R
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
PS: Why does he need "crazy torque"? A lot of the big pickups actually have systems that derate the torque because the engines have crazy torque. What's the point? Seems like there is no problem generating plenty of torque.
Everyone that drives a diesel brags on all the huge torque. Electric drive will take that to another level. Only limit will be tire adhesion to the road. Without traction control electric will spin all four tires fully loaded.

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Grit dog wrote:

Some respect is due though because a hopped up P90 is an absolute rocket in the 1/4 mile!

Very easy in an electric car. Nothing special here.

Now 100 miles on a track with turns and breakng...that would be impressive.

If you are only doing light duty use, a plug in hybrid can work...and really most tradesmen just carrying tools and spares in the back, don't need heavy duty.

Of course the real manufacturers are already working on hybrids.

PS: Why does he need "crazy torque"? A lot of the big pickups actually have systems that derate the torque because the engines have crazy torque. What's the point? Seems like there is no problem generating plenty of torque.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Some respect is due though because a hopped up P90 is an absolute rocket in the 1/4 mile!

No lie there.....but the amount of respect is directly proportional to ones need to go run a 1/4 mile drag strip every day of the week. Most buyers of those rockets will use it to rocket from this stoplight to the next one, so they can sit at the red light longer than the common folk, and have more time for Twitting and Facebook lol.

BUT BUT, They are...... GREEN. LOL

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:

No lie there.....but the amount of respect is directly proportional to ones need to go run a 1/4 mile drag strip every day of the week. Most buyers of those rockets will use it to rocket from this stoplight to the next one, so they can sit at the red light longer than the common folk, and have more time for Twitting and Facebook lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
BenK wrote:
You've got most if them....add a super exclusive kids school at SpaceX for his kids n buddies kids, a RV based on their semi, the semi, $1 Billion buck public transit for O'Hare, High Speed train in a vacuum tunnel that he will pay for, his Boring company (large dia tunnel boring setup), solar City, solar roofing tiles for employees, mega battery systems for utilities, giga factory, plans for huge auto n battery factories in China, robotics, autonomous software, design studios, and betcha a few more...

But, isn't the whole thing about the environment and global warming? Why they build super fast exotic high priced vehicles when they should be building to replace the category of vehicle which is the most common on our roads. Iirc that vehicle is a Toyota Corolla. If ev were the answer that's the vehicle you would set out to replace. On top of all that all you hear about is zero emissions yet even are being primarily run on coal and natural gas. People can't understand that for the most part all that has happened is that they have changed the point of emissions creation.

If we actually wanted to do something for the environment or warming we sure wouldn't be building exotic rocket cars and we should actually gasp at the thought of traveling all over the country in an RV.

We're going to save the planet by going from ice powered RV to electric power while we leave perfectly good buildings sitting for months unused with the heat on? Ah ok. Lol

We also don't just want this RV to wander all over the place we want it to perform like a dragster too.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
What'd be great in a Tesla pickup would be a 450hp diesel and just enough battery to never need to be plugged in in the winter and run those aforementioned heavy duty power tools.
Be great for RVing too. Wouldn't need to bring a generator.

FWIW, Teslas aren't saving the world, but they are a hip new expensive fashion statement in Seatlle! Make those Bimmers and Benzs so passรฉ.......
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
You've got most if them....add a super exclusive kids school at SpaceX for his kids n buddies kids, a RV based on their semi, the semi, $1 Billion buck public transit for O'Hare, High Speed train in a vacuum tunnel that he will pay for, his Boring company (large dia tunnel boring setup), solar City, solar roofing tiles for employees, mega battery systems for utilities, giga factory, plans for huge auto n battery factories in China, robotics, autonomous software, design studios, and betcha a few more...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Lessmore
Explorer
Explorer
I think Tesla should consider working on the basics, before introducing a number of revolutionary new ideas.

Let's see at my count and I'm probably wrong, as I get my Tesla info from various media ...but isn't there Tesla space travel, new electric heavy transport trucks, new electric infrastructure,production and service issues to work out at Tesla, along with the EV cars ?

The revolutionary ideas are exciting and may well be where the world is headed...but is there a need to maybe slow down just a bit, fix the basics, before going off on yet another new direction ?

I could be wrong and also I'm not in the automotive industry (so what do I know) but as an outside observer at all this stuff unfolding...my advice is to any person or company....never spread yourself too thin.

It may be that I'm way too conservative and don't understand the issues at play here. Could be.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like Sheldon would have said if told about a Tesla pick-up: "Not to mention imaginary".
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to: โ€œsleeping 24/7 on the production floor to make sure they make the promised volume โ€œ...

Guess either he knows they will make it...or heโ€™s taken his eye off the ball...again...
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are too far in debt to produce anything new.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
hone eagle wrote:
Where is it being built?
Same building as the semi?
the one where they haven't broke ground yet?

No no, it will be built in the tent. Just send a big deposit and wait a couple years.