cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Big Boys have Just Arrived

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Big Boys have come to town to pull the Ike Gauntlet. Featuring the 6.7PSD and the 7.3 gas powered trucks.

Enjoy... Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
48 REPLIES 48

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
TurnThePage wrote:
Whoa! $53K for an XLT gas truck!?

How much does the 7.3 option cost? You figure that should be more like $41-43k before tax/title but that's still fairly pricey for a basic gas HD truck. It may be optioned more heavily than a typical XLT, I suppose.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Whoa! $53K for an XLT gas truck!?
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with a dually, how does the 5400 lb payload compare? The 7.3 sounds pretty good at the tailpipe.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I too am a fan of that grill. Clean, classy and not overstated. Did they show the tow rating for the dually with 3.55 gears? The 10 speed probably makes up for the higher rear gear handily.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wish they would have sent the 4.10's in the dually instead of the 3.55's.
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Going to be great to see how this new 7.3 does...
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
bluefishgary wrote:
Love to have the 2020 KR grill in my 2019 KR. I wonder if it would fit?

I'd like the new grill, the more torque/power, the 10 speed transmission and the little interior improvements might be alright too.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

bluefishgary
Explorer
Explorer
Love to have the 2020 KR grill in my 2019 KR. I wonder if it would fit?
2019 Ford DRW C/C
2017 Vintage with living quarters 44'3 Axle
I caught a fish once -it was fun

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
I actually really like the King Ranch grille; I think it's a great improvement over previous models. I'm hoping that view of under the hood of the 6.7L doesn't give me nightmares tonight though......:B Seriously, it is a beautiful truck.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the 7.3L will do. Everything on it looks really good and it should be a great, reliable workhorse just like the 6.2L has been. I'm betting it will sound mighty good pulling the Ike! :C So, is there any way to determine if a truck has the 6.2L or 7.3L without looking under the hood? I couldn't see any badges on it indicating it was a 7.3L.

I had to chuckle a bit seeing under the hood of the 7.3L, though; a few features reminded me of the 5.3L in my 2001 Yukon! :B

There's no question the 7.3 has some Chevy LS DNA. As for exterior engine labels I don't see one for the 7.3

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Don't like the new grille of the King Ranch. The grille on the 7.3L looks much better.

Calm down Cummins12V98. He has every right to be excited. They are new versions of his favorite brand and he is excited just how you would be if it were a Ram.

I have to say I am tired of people trying to say what I am feeling and thinking. I certainly donโ€™t need anyone telling me to โ€œCALM DOWNโ€

I simply said โ€œOKโ€

Relax? Is that better?

Not really. I didn't even have an explanation point. Simple OK
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
I actually really like the King Ranch grille; I think it's a great improvement over previous models. I'm hoping that view of under the hood of the 6.7L doesn't give me nightmares tonight though......:B Seriously, it is a beautiful truck.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the 7.3L will do. Everything on it looks really good and it should be a great, reliable workhorse just like the 6.2L has been. I'm betting it will sound mighty good pulling the Ike! :C So, is there any way to determine if a truck has the 6.2L or 7.3L without looking under the hood? I couldn't see any badges on it indicating it was a 7.3L.

I had to chuckle a bit seeing under the hood of the 7.3L, though; a few features reminded me of the 5.3L in my 2001 Yukon! :B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

danrclem
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the pretty excited camp just wanting to see what the 7.3 will do. I'm not going to buy one but I hope it does well.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
Don't like the new grille of the King Ranch. The grille on the 7.3L looks much better.

Calm down Cummins12V98. He has every right to be excited. They are new versions of his favorite brand and he is excited just how you would be if it were a Ram.

I have to say I am tired of people trying to say what I am feeling and thinking. I certainly donโ€™t need anyone telling me to โ€œCALM DOWNโ€

I simply said โ€œOKโ€

Relax? Is that better?
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:

I simply said โ€œOKโ€

Don't sweat it cummins. He's just using you to make a point. It's all good and I knew he would be jumping in. :W

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:

I simply said โ€œOKโ€
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD