cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The continuing Saga waiting for my new Ram 3500

invstr55
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure what is happening with one ton Ram production but I know that my estimated ship date is today, the problem is that they have not started building it yet. Like so many others mine has gone from status D to D1 then back to C which was explained to me to be a soft scheduled status.. Sure would like my new truck.
On the bright side my F-350 is still running very well and B&W has not released the new hitch for the new Ram so I would not be able to use it yet even if it was here..
Would like to hear when anyone actually sees a 2013 Ram 3500 at a dealership.
2015 DRV Fullhouse
2015 Breakout
2015 Spyder Limited
2015 F350hd Dually
390 REPLIES 390

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Yep it took my truck longer to be transported then it did to build. Damn thing sat in the rail yard 3 weeks. In of all places Perrysburg Twp, 2 miles from the Chrysler plant I work at. Man was I hopping mad, called my BIL who was a dispatcher for the RR He told me that the trucking company was waiting for a full load going towards my dealer before shipping it. :M

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

jack0351
Explorer
Explorer
FYI, I found a 2013 3500 IN TRANSIT when i was cruising the ramtrucks website earlier today.

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C63R3DL4DG564347

Again, it is in transit, so it may not be legit, but it's a start!
2013 Ram 3500 CCLB DRW 6.7 w/Aisin
2012 Dutchmen Voltage V3600 Toyhauler
2000 Harley FXST

summithmk
Explorer
Explorer
45Ricochet wrote:

Different frame and goodies on the 3500 this MY. Also heard Cummins was having a supply delay ๐Ÿ˜ž

Shortage of Cummins engines?
Pictures2010 Ram 3500 SRW long bed, 3.73, rugged brown.
Sundance 2997
1999 Ford 7.3l (sold)
Get rid of Ib516, rick83864.
2004 LB7 (sold)
2007.5 LMM (trade for Ram)

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
rmoparman wrote:
Seen a 2013 hd at local dodge dealer yesterday. It was a 2500.

Different frame and goodies on the 3500 this MY. Also heard Cummins was having a supply delay ๐Ÿ˜ž
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
Seen a 2013 hd at local dodge dealer yesterday. It was a 2500.

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
I agree with Don but it isn't like the first truck ever made. I think this a lot.
chevman

Makes a good point. And one in favor of the OP's decision to go back to a proven model. Not sure I would want one of the first of the new model year, given the uncertainty of the unproven design. Those that chose the 2012, should be happy with their decision.

I do hope the 2013's come thru as scheduled. And they do live up to all our anticipations. RAM does need to make sure these first production units are perfect. If after these initial problems, the units are problematic, that will be a real kick in the pants. If they live up to the hype, all will be just fine. A perfectly good quality unit, will do a lot to overcome the bad taste of a few weeks of missed delivery. The good thing is that someone that ordered that early is in the 'Loyal Customer' status. And they will give them every benefit of the doubt. Hope it all works out for all parties.

I'll wait until they have a few years of history before I buy mine. That's what I did with my Ford. Even as much as I wanted the RAM. Yet, I have not been sorry.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
I do prefer they get it right at the factory. All I ask for is the truth when I call and ask what the delay is for and when do they expect to build. I have more respect for the truth and then I can just wait. I know it will be awesome when it does arrive.
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with Don but it isn't like the first truck ever made. I think this a lot.
chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Yep RAM could be like FORD and just sell trucks with junk pumps then disallow warrantee claims and make their customers eat $12-15K in repairers.

So if RAM would rather hold up customers orders to make sure they get a QUALITY truck then I'm thinking that's a little better then shipping out an inferior product, then jacking up your customer don't you think?

Don

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
invstr55 wrote:
ordered in mid January..the day after pricing was released to the Dealers.

When I order new GM vehicles...I'm told delivery from time of order will be 6-8 weeks. So you're still in the ball park. Wouldn't worry.

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
It is tough waiting. Had I not sold my 2011, I would not be bothered by it so much. I would like to use my new boat in April and now it looks like it will sit on the trailer a little longer. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.....
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe Ram will just eliminate the 2013 MY and just call em 2014 MY trucks :B

Bottom line is it's better to correct a flawed truck before its sold to the public. 2003 ring a bell to anyone :W
You must feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas turbo.
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
This is quite unfortunate for RAM. But even more-so for their loyal customers that have stuck by them to order "sight unseen". Some like the OP, will stick with them, although going back a year model. Others will jump to another source. In my mind these MY changes are long on promise, but short on the goods.

Worse is that RAM will feel the hurt in their bank account. They don't need those problems. And the parent company is likely to take a real dim view of that. Excuses only go so far. And when that time runs out, management changes will/should take place.

They need to get sales on the books. And the product doesn't get sold, until the dealer takes delivery and pays for it, and the check gets in the bank.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo if the "drug cartel People" had taken over they would have whacked the frame suppler by now! :B

Don

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
My truck has been on order since mid January. I do have a VIN. I have called so many people in the Ram divisions I feel like a private detective. My sales manager called me yesterday and said my truck is back to a D status. I was told that truck will be here late April. We shall see. I put the fifth wheel adapter kit on order too. It has an estimated delivery date of 24 April. This will be the last time I order a pick up. I sold my 2011 because I was told my truck should be here in March... Ya right...lol. Guess I will keep waiting for Ram to figure out exactly what the hell is going on at the plant. Maybe the drug cartel folks took over. Don't know,,, but tired of calling people.