cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Rig

yosemiteford
Explorer
Explorer
At his pic was from a few weeks ago. We are in Kolob Canyon on our way to Tetons and Yelllowstone - we had a great time.
2009 SRW FX4 F350, 2002 Lance 1010,TL Stableload, Solar, mini-table, solar, airbags. front Reese hitch, Michelin LTX A/T2, propane generator, Carefree awning,Rigid Off Road Lights
23 REPLIES 23

yosemiteford
Explorer
Explorer
buta4 wrote:
Mello Mike wrote:
Welcome to the Forums. Nice lookin' combo. Red trucks are cool!

Like a red truck? Go to EARTHROAMER.COM home page at their their latest and greatest. :C

Hi MM I take that as a compliment and I am a big fan of your Blog. thanks for sharing the knowledge - it has made my Newbie TC life much easier!
2009 SRW FX4 F350, 2002 Lance 1010,TL Stableload, Solar, mini-table, solar, airbags. front Reese hitch, Michelin LTX A/T2, propane generator, Carefree awning,Rigid Off Road Lights

yosemiteford
Explorer
Explorer
lookatdirt wrote:
Kolob Canyon is another place where having TC over a TT is an advantage. The road gets a little tight at the top!

Mice looking rig, btw!

Thanks. I actually went in Southern Sequoias recently and no way a TT would make it. I'm starting find more places like that and grateful I went with a TC. thx for sharing

yosemiteford
Explorer
Explorer
dakonthemountain wrote:
Beautiful rig! I'm curious, did "they" let you bring firewood from here to there? Hope you had a GREAT time! ๐Ÿ™‚ Welcome to the forum!

Dak

Hi DakoOTM

I had no probs getting the wood in. I heard rumor that Seqouia National Park and actually Camp Nelson would not permit it, but again no probs. it has worked every where just fine. given wood is $7 each bundle, I will break even at some point :R

lookatdirt
Explorer
Explorer
Kolob Canyon is another place where having TC over a TT is an advantage. The road gets a little tight at the top!

Mice looking rig, btw!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I assume you got the truck to match DW's shirt, right? Red is a tough color to accessorize, but you nailed it!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

yosemiteford
Explorer
Explorer
Beosuun wrote:
buta4 wrote:
Mello Mike wrote:

Like a red truck? Go to EARTHROAMER.COM home page at their their latest and greatest. :C

And, only 471K!! She's worth every penny ;);)

Earthroamers are crazy cool. Just a few months ago, I went to the Oeraland Expo near Flagstaff, AZ - I saw many Earthroamers, plus a lot of other unique campers. My rig was the most "glam" out there - most were better equipped for off road. The rig does pretty good off road, but nothing compared to an Earthroamer or Sportmobile -- I still like mine though.

I just checked out the red ER - WOW!! $470,000 though $

Travelon
Explorer
Explorer
Great lookin' combo...oh, yeah the truck and camper is all right too.:D

Travelon
2004 Silverado 2500HD D/A CC LB 4x4, Timbrens, Fold-a-Cover,
Line-X, DeeZee Running Boards, Prodigy, Husky 16K UBS,
2004 Titanium 32E37DS, Two Honda EU2000i

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Beosuun wrote:
buta4 wrote:
Mello Mike wrote:

They are expensive alright.

Looking at the options list of the Provan Tiger and the EarthRoamer, I noticed that the Air Ride Suspension is 1/2 the cost on the Tiger as compared to the EarthRoamer!

But what a sweet BOV if you've gots the moolah. On the other hand, kinda tough to remain inconspicuous, LOL.

But the OP's rig is an attention getter alright, I like it.
Ray

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful rig! I'm curious, did "they" let you bring firewood from here to there? Hope you had a GREAT time! ๐Ÿ™‚ Welcome to the forum!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Beosuun
Explorer
Explorer
buta4 wrote:
Mello Mike wrote:

2010 F150 Raptor, 4Wheel Pop-up camper (otw), DW ace navigator

buta4
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:

Ray

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Bedlam
I've seen that color before, but am not red with envy. I think trucks wear that color well.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

SubVet
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig.

How about posting some pictures, when you get back, from the Tetons and Yellowstone.
2014 Wolf Creek 840 on 2013 Ford F-350 Regular Cab
Frequently towing a modified 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon