Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

think i finally found our tt, thoughts?

Deuce222
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.granddesignrv.com/showroom/2019/travel-trailer/transcend/floorplans
the 32bhs
I can't seem to find my truck specifications or able to attach an easy link. but I have a 2014 f150 v6 eco boost 3.5l which states I can pull 9200 full, I also have a bigger tow package, will be traveling with wife behind in expedition and kids in there.
36 REPLIES 36

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œI can pull 9200...โ€ Youโ€™d better be able to โ€œpullโ€ 9200 pounds+ because thatโ€™s what that TT will weigh loaded. And Iโ€™m betting youโ€™ll be over payload which you declined to state.

โ€œPullingโ€ at max isnโ€™t fun and can be dangerous. Your tail will wag your dog.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
How old and how big are your kids. The top bunk is only 28 inches wide. Before you purchase, I suggest you ... as the adult ... climb up on that bunk and lay down. Are you comfortable? Remember, if you have young children, they may fit the beds today, but will they fit the beds 3 or 4 years from now?

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I think you realize that you are at your upper limit on payload. Using the second vehicle will help for sure. Your loaded hitch wt will likely be around 1k lbs, plus hitch. You will want an upper end WDH, with good sway control, for that long of trailer. You may feel the need for LT E rated tires at some point.

Jerry

troubledwaters
Explorer III
Explorer III
What does the payload sticker on the door of your truck say? It should have a line that says something to the effect of: "Weight of Cargo and passengers shall not exceed ___________ lbs." What number is in the blank line.

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
Way too heavy for that truck. Way to heavy
Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
Nice trailer, but no way would I tow it with that truck. And it doesn't matter what you can tow, what matters is how much you can carry - or payload. Find the tire load sticker in the door jamb and post the number where it says "total weight of cargo and passengers not to exceed xxxx lbs".
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
linky

7738 lbs dry with a 728 lb tongue weight seems like a heavy, long trailer for an F150. You can probably tow it but I suspect you will want to upgrade trucks in a year...I have been there.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran