cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

payload differences between 3/4 and 1 ton SRW

Americamper
Explorer
Explorer
Chevy lists the payloads for their HD trucks . However the listed payload for the 1 ton is for the DRW. Does anyone happen to know the payload difference between the 3/4 and 1ton SRW? How about for the Fords also?
2000 F250 Superduty 7.3 SB SRW, E rated Michelins, Torklifts, fastguns,2004 Northstar Laredo, , Ducati Hypermotard 1100, KTM 250XC
9 REPLIES 9

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
As always, the weakest link in the rear suspension of the truck is what must be discovered. For me, it is the factory alloy wheels. How much they are rated and the rest of it I worked out to my satisfaction when we bought the camper, but math only makes my head hurt at Christmas and April 15th so forgive me for not getting too specific.:B
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Payload rating is basically 2000lb more for a 1 ton vs 3/4 based on the gvw.
Or 1 more leaf spring being the actual difference.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I bought my Ram 2500 several years ago, it was rated at 9900#, just short of the limit in many States that would require additional commercial registrations fees. The 3500 had different tires and an additional overload spring in the rear. The rating was 12,800. I did not feel at all worried carrying the upper weight when I added a Super spring and upgraded wheels and tires.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
As always you will find listed paper or taxable ratings, who have very loose connection to truck mechanical specifications.
For TC use, you need to compare rear axle capacity v/s actual weight, what is the only crucial number.

PhilR
Explorer II
Explorer II
The axle ratings on my 2013 Chevy 2500 HD are Front- 6,000, Rear 6,200, gross vehicle 10,000. On my 2019 3500 HD Front 6,000, Rear 7,050, gross vehicle 11,500. Both trucks have the plow package option and Duramax diesel.

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
On the spec page-
Compare 3500 Specifications
Click the Add Config to Compare button and the top of the page has options for single or dual 2wd or 4wd.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
joerg68 wrote:
You may find that the payload difference between otherwise comparable 3/4 and 1 ton SRW trucks is sometimes not very significant.
In many cases, the rear axle weight rating is limited by the rear tires on a SRW truck. A DRW rear axle can carry much more weight as it has twice as many tires.

Good points and otta' be a sticky.
For the Fords I would add if the F250 has the camper package or the heavy service package it has the same front and rear suspension as the F350SRW.
And Ford has several GVWR and RAWR packages for the F350 SRW. Its possible to have a F250 with more in the bed payload than specific F350 SRW. If your interested in Ford truck pay attention to GVWR/RAWR choices.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
You may find that the payload difference between otherwise comparable 3/4 and 1 ton SRW trucks is sometimes not very significant.
In many cases, the rear axle weight rating is limited by the rear tires on a SRW truck. A DRW rear axle can carry much more weight as it has twice as many tires.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford Tow Ratings....click on YEAR

For Other Brands click on 'Tow Ratings' at top in above link
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31