cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thinking about a new sink and faucet

kjenckes
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if anyone has changed their TC kitchen sink and faucet. I have a Lance 820. Would a Lowes/HD faucet work as far as connections go? Are these pretty standard? Are sinks pretty standard both in size and faucet holes? My camper is in Florida and I am in NH but we will be reunited in 2 weeks and I was thinking of spoiling her with a change.

I have a rectangular, 2 bay sink. Nice in theory but neither side is really big enough although I'm not sure I want 1 bay for that whole wash, rinse, rack dry experience. I do know I want a faucet that I can also pull out to use.

Thanks.
1996 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3PSD 445,000 miles!
6/1 springs
3400# tires

2005 Lance 820
Solar, Generator, AC

1997 Ranger 487 Bass Boat
Too much stuff to list
6 REPLIES 6

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Shouldn't be a problem changing faucets. I've changed faucets oin every RV I've owned. Faucet hole spacing in standard thing.
Bob

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
3/8" connectors are for bathrooms faucets.
Kitchen faucets still suppose to have 1/2" connector, but there is no firm code for it and Chinese fauceuts do have 3/8. Either way not a big deal with adapters at HD for about $4
Also I am big fan of thermostat - controlled faucets and love the 1 I installed in my bathroom.
However I figured out that in kitchen sometimes you want cold water, sometimes hot, so thermostat control will not work the best.

stevenal
Nomad II
Nomad II
I replaced my RV kitchen faucet with a residential style, and yes the connections are different. The original had 1/2" connections, the new has 3/8. I added shutoff valves while I was at it.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV kitchen sinks are often lower than household standards, so measure if you will be able to find nice replacement.
In my life carrier I replaced hundreds of kitchen faucets and when I like the pull down design for the house, in RV reliability is what counts the most and the faucet design installed in my TC beats in reliability everything on the market hands down.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
We have a two-bay sink and use the 2nd sink with its cover to drain/dry the dishes. Never have used the 2nd one as a sink.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Faucets are pretty much the same sinks for RVs are smaller than normal residential sizes. I've replaced faucets in both our present and past 5er with big box purchases. I've also replaced sinks with residential size but not without some remodeling.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu