Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Monitors, worth it?

Inthecountry
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone use tire pressure monitors?

If so, did you like them? Do they work?

Which brands did you like or not like if you use them?

Thanks
38 REPLIES 38

Inthecountry
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EHHV2OU/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687742&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00C546H6U&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1WENYMV0VBX1Y9B36WSH

I take it that this is the one?

I should also say this is for a living quarters horse trailer and that I don't go further than 2- 2 1/2 hours away at any time and I only travel on regular hwy's or back roads to get where I want to go. And to be honest, my most traveled place is under an hour from me. I have four tires on the trailer.

I'm not sure it's needed as much as those of you who are traveling across America?

I know that blow outs can happen anywhere.

The unit suggested was about $100 more than I thought it would be so have to take a deep breath and think is my kind of traveling worth it?

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, yes, TST 507 ten tire setup w/ non flow thru sensors
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
I, along with many others, use the TST 507 TPMS. Has it been worth it? Not so far since I have never had a low tire. But the first time I pick up a nail on a long drive and the tire starts to go flat and the TPMS warns me of it before I destroy the tire, it will definitely be worth it.

Tires don't just go flat when you are stopped where you can check them. They pick up their nails, screws, and other road debris while you are driving. And if that happens while you are in the middle of a long drive, you will likely get tire damage, or a shattered tire and trailer damage, due to it going flat while you are blissfully driving along.
. I feel the same. Chevman

another vote for the TST set-up. There are others as well but they really are cheap insurance (one time payment) for limiting damage and/or an accident.
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
I, along with many others, use the TST 507 TPMS. Has it been worth it? Not so far since I have never had a low tire. But the first time I pick up a nail on a long drive and the tire starts to go flat and the TPMS warns me of it before I destroy the tire, it will definitely be worth it.

Tires don't just go flat when you are stopped where you can check them. They pick up their nails, screws, and other road debris while you are driving. And if that happens while you are in the middle of a long drive, you will likely get tire damage, or a shattered tire and trailer damage, due to it going flat while you are blissfully driving along.
. I feel the same. Chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts, including mine, search this Forum for `TPMS' or Pressure Pro.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
They pay for themselves if they prevent just one blowout. Mine went off when two tires separated (Stock tires on 5th wheel and only 6 months old) and rubbed on to each other. Pressure was fine when we left the day before. TST alarm went off and allowed me to get off freeway before the tires blew and defintately would have damaged the fenders and underside of the RV. YES, they are worth every penny!

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
No, I don't use them. I just check my tire pressure before I leave on a trip.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Yes, Tire Traker
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee