cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tires for tow vehicle

lazerdms
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 30 foot travel trailer and want to replace the tires on my Chevy Silverado. what is a good tire to go with 255/70/16 and a good place to find them that's not over priced located in Ga Thanks for any help
9 REPLIES 9

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth, I've always purchased tires/batteries from a Nation wide Company. An example, you bought your tires at your local independent Tire & Lube Shop. Lets say you're on the road and have an issue. The warranty your local independent store sold you doesn't necessarily mean that warranty they offered will be recognized by that tire manufacture. But, if you purchased your tires from a Goodyear/Firestone/??? (Retailer) that manufacture will able to back up their product.

R__Walter
Explorer
Explorer
I'll second the above opinions on Michelins LTX MS/2's. I'm getting 60-70K miles out of each set on 2 3/4 ton CTDs.
2016 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW LB
2005 Hitchhiker DA 31.5
Fulltimin'

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:
Costco and Discount tire are both good places.
Great LT tires try Michelin MS 2+, very quiet for a great MS tire.

Last two sets of tires Discount destroyed Costco on my MS2's. That truly shocked me since Costco was always the best price on Michelins.

Have you noticed where there is a Costco there seems to be a Discount or Americas Tire?

MS2's are well worth the money IMHO. $1,278 inc tx for 6.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cdlaine
Explorer
Explorer
David....

I recently coughed up $960 for michelin LTX M/S 2 tires 245/75/16 load range E at Discount Tire. A week later another forumite stated they got the same tire at Sam's for $640. (in Yuma).

Good luck.

I think they look pretty good. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Charles
2003 2500HD, 8.1L,CC,4.10,2WD,Allison
Standard bed
Ride-rite air bags
Prodigy
Husky 16K sliding

2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox Ed.
Pin wt.(CAT Scale) 2660#
5th (Cat Scale) 12600#

I'll want the Frim Fram sauce with the Ausen Fey with
Chafafa on the side.... Nat

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
guidry wrote:
I just put Michelins on my Chevy. I've had great luck with Michelins on my previous trucks. Wish they made RV tires.

Have you checked truck shops? Michilen makes OTR tires, the should have sizes to fit RVs
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I just put Michelins on my Chevy. I've had great luck with Michelins on my previous trucks. Wish they made RV tires.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Costco and Discount tire are both good places.
Great LT tires try Michelin MS 2+, very quiet for a great MS tire.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of good brands out there. LTs will be you best choice. Stick with either a hiway or all season tread pattern. Big blocky aggressive off road tread patters can make for a squirlly ride.

Atlee
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is that LT or P tire? I'd go with an LT. My F150 w/ HD pkg came with LT245/75R17 E tires.

lazerdms wrote:
I just purchased a 30 foot travel trailer and want to replace the tires on my Chevy Silverado. what is a good tire to go with 255/70/16 and a good place to find them that's not over priced located in Ga Thanks for any help
Erroll, Mary
2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 20SE
2014 F150 Supercab 4x4 w/ 8' box, Ecoboost & HD Pkg
Equal-i-zer Hitch