cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tires

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Taking a trip next week and need new tires. OEM is Firestone Transforce HT 245/75R17 tires are at the wear bars after 21,000 miles.

I was a loyal BFG customer for 40 years but last year had a bad experience with them and they would not warrant the ones on my RV so I don't believe I will buy them again. Many LT tires do not carry a mileage warranty so I am looking for a set with mileage warranty. I have read some good comments about Cooper but recently I have read some posts on here or another forum about Cooper having some difficulties and may not be in business much longer. Possible internet rumors but I don't know. Anyone have recommendations? There are no Costco stores in this area.

All highway driving. No off road.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
15 REPLIES 15

blt2ski
Coopers should be available local to you. Discount tire and a lot of independents carry them. I've sworn by them for 20+ years. Only tire I have not had a blow up or otherwise with. My son has some on his pickup, 20-30K miles with a 60K mileage warranty, you can hardly tell they are worn.

On the other hand, a van I drive for work has the Firestone HT on it. I have 20+K miles and they also look hardly worn. Maybe the OEM version is not as hard, or long lasting rubber as the in store version.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer