cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tow Mirrors

MVH1
Explorer
Explorer
I want to upgrade to the flip out style tow mirrors and can't seem to find any that are power operated. I found a lot that are hand adjustable. I have a 2013 ram 2500 tradesman with power mirrors. Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
Here we go with second hand information.

It's not 2nd hand information. Never implied I had personal experience, just passing on what I have read. Simply google Ram tow mirrors and read for yourself about peoples first hand experiences with aftermarket mirrors. See here for example. Not saying they are all bad either, I had aftermarkets on my Tundra that were as good as OEM, but sometimes you get what you pay for.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

MVH1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again everyone for the information!

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
camp-n-family wrote:
I want to make sure I understand correctly. I am assuming that power mirrors, means you can adjust the glass mirror from inside the cab. Also, Ram just started making this function in 2025? The aftermarket tow mirrors with the power function have vibration issues? Thanks

Sorry, thought you meant power folding function of the mirrors themselves. OEM only started the power fold option for 2015. The ones from 1A Auto have power folding function.

If your truck has the option for power adjusting lenses then the tow mirrors will work the same but only the main lense is adjustable with power, the smaller outer convex lenses are manual only.

If you do a google search for Ram tow mirrors you will see the most common complaint is vibration with aftermarket mirrors. I scored some BNIB OEM chrome tow mirrors for $600 from a truck supply company.

Here we go with second hand information.
My experance is first hand with the Kool Vue mirrors. They work great and a power heated looked to be about $300 for a pair. I stated before no issues with vibration!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
I want to make sure I understand correctly. I am assuming that power mirrors, means you can adjust the glass mirror from inside the cab. Also, Ram just started making this function in 2025? The aftermarket tow mirrors with the power function have vibration issues? Thanks

Sorry, thought you meant power folding function of the mirrors themselves. OEM only started the power fold option for 2015. The ones from 1A Auto have power folding function.

If your truck has the option for power adjusting lenses then the tow mirrors will work the same but only the main lense is adjustable with power, the smaller outer convex lenses are manual only.

If you do a google search for Ram tow mirrors you will see the most common complaint is vibration with aftermarket mirrors. I scored some BNIB OEM chrome tow mirrors for $600 from a truck supply company.
Hitched by Hensley

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:
Try this location!
I have a set for my 2001 from them. You need to look towards the bottom of the page.
http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=0&VN=2013+Ram+2500+Tradesman+6%20Cyl%206.7LNtt=1998%20...

Dislike quoting myself, but my power heated replacements have been on for four years. No issues with vibration. Work great!

MVH1
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
As mentioned, 1A Auto sells power folding tow mirrors for the Ram at a reasonable price compared to OEM. I considered them for mine but there have been a lot of complaints about vibrations making them virtually unusable. Make sure you get ones for '13 or newer. Older will fit but don't have the OAT sensor in the drivers mirror.

Ram has just started selling trucks with power folding tow mirrors as of 2015 model year. Not sure if they are available to buy through dealers yet though and they will be very pricey. (non folding are $800 EACH!)

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
As mentioned, 1A Auto sells power folding tow mirrors for the Ram at a reasonable price compared to OEM. I considered them for mine but there have been a lot of complaints about vibrations making them virtually unusable. Make sure you get ones for '13 or newer. Older will fit but don't have the OAT sensor in the drivers mirror.

Ram has just started selling trucks with power folding tow mirrors as of 2015 model year. Not sure if they are available to buy through dealers yet though and they will be very pricey. (non folding are $800 EACH!)
Hitched by Hensley

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try this location!
I have a set for my 2001 from them. You need to look towards the bottom of the page.
http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=0&VN=2013+Ram+2500+Tradesman+6%20Cyl%206.7LNtt=1998%20...

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.1aauto.com/2013-15-ram-mirror-pair/i/1amrp01408?f=867378&y=2015&utm_source=ram1500diesel&utm_medium=Forum&utm_campaign=1ATony
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky

But ouch on the price :E
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
MVH1 wrote:
I want to upgrade to the flip out style tow mirrors and can't seem to find any that are power operated. I found a lot that are hand adjustable. I have a 2013 ram 2500 tradesman with power mirrors. Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks

I have bought a lot of things from here.

A&M Auto Parts
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.