cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

toilet paper

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
So my 2007 NL camper doesn't fit the standard Scott brand TP from Walmart. The TP will barely fit and won't spin when installed. Is there a different shroud that will work better, or should I find a TP roll with smaller diameter if one exists? This seems like a silly question, but it's important to my wife!
24 REPLIES 24

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Leaves work too and they are recyclable as well. Jusat be sure what leaf you use, some can be irritants...
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
daily double wrote:
You don't need all that TP. You only use 3 sheets at a time, 1 to wipe up, 1 to wipe down and 1 to polish! :B

One sheet is all you need.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb7ebL7xtr0
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
realter wrote:
Reddog1 wrote:
We have not had a TP discussion on the TC Forum for quite a few years. Lets try to keep it clean.

Wayne

Why don't you explain the advanced search feature?

I think it should be obvious. Top left of the screen.

Search:
Go Advanced Search

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
joeshmoe wrote:
You walk a dangerous line, my friend. Very dangerous.

YOLO

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
We have not had a TP discussion on the TC Forum for quite a few years. Lets try to keep it clean.

Wayne

Why don't you explain the advanced search feature?

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
bkenobi wrote:
I have no TP brand loyalty. As long as it's strong enough to remain a buffer, my finger remains happy. 😉

You walk a dangerous line, my friend. Very dangerous.

Far as the paper holder, we buy the jumbo rolls. Won't fit til after some spin-off. It just sits on the sink counter most of the time. It's not something I really give a c-rap about.

😛
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

bkenobi
Explorer
Explorer
I have no TP brand loyalty. As long as it's strong enough to remain a buffer, my finger remains happy. 😉

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
daily double wrote:
You don't need all that TP. You only use 3 sheets at a time, 1 to wipe up, 1 to wipe down and 1 to polish! :B

Smeg, another Red Dwarf fan?

To the OP, if you're tied to that brand, for whatever reason, DutchmenSport has the right idea.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
As someone who designs toilet paper dispensers for a living (www.vandalstop.com), I can attest that there is no standard size anymore. You have your many flavors of standard rolls (of which Costco happens to be the largest, I found this out the hard way when one of my designs couldn't accommodate a Costco Roll). You have your jumbos, your mini jumbos, your cored, your coreless and everything in between.

I won't profess to know the entire reason why there are no standard sizes but I think it boils down to two things:

1. Cost savings - TP is narrower now than it was years ago by probably close to 3/4". Each manufacturer has decided to literally cut corners in a different amount.

2. Proprietary Rolls - Many of your large TP companies are in the business of selling large volume paper contracts to customers. As part of those contracts, they will give dispensers to the customer for free or very low cost. Those dispensers are designed to only accommodate their paper product so it is more difficult for a customer to switch providers without tearing out the old dispensers.

Finally, for anyone interested in a bit of history about toilet paper, this site is an interesting read:

http://encyclopedia.toiletpaperworld.com/toilet-paper-history/complete-historical-timeline

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Toilet paper... What's that?
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
By "keeping it clean" do we mean washing it????
I think pictures would help. My camper has toilet paper holder behind the vanity door. Normal - household size holder, when vanity can hold whole year of TP supply.
For those who are uncomfortable on their camper toilets - buy toilet raiser at Camping World. I had very uncomfortable toilet in my previous RV - with no room to spread the knees and even I was very skeptic how much 2" raise can help - it did whole World of difference.

Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Reddog1 wrote:
Lets try to keep it clean.

Wayne

LOL I love a good sense of humor. 😉

My bathroom is soo small I can't sit on the toilet with the little door open that the toilet paper roll is attached to.

I just set it on the tiny little counter in the tiny little bathroom and try not to think about how much bigger the bathroom was in my TT.

In fact my bathroom is soo small I'v been thinking of only putting 1/2 used rolls of TP in the camper to try and utilize the space the best that I can. 😉
Camp Host, from the other side.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I put a standard holder on the wall in front of the toilet. I also made my own storage container. It holds 3 more jumbo rolls and is attached to the wall in the corner behind the toilet. It works great. Looks OK but is nothing special. I made it out of cardboard covered with contact paper.

slacker_cruster
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Buy a new TP holder. 10 bucks at most hardware stores.

Yep, that is what I did. TP comes in all different sizes now, too hard to keep up.

http://www.sanliv.com/bathroom-accessories/images/vertical-spare-toilet-roll-holder-8751F.jpg