cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tonneau covers

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
I need a very economical tonneau cover. Going on my first trip that I feel the need to have my gear out of sight.
Looking for opinions about trifold soft covers maxing out at $500.00.
20 REPLIES 20

txdutt
Explorer
Explorer
another vote for the Tonno-Pro....well made & very reasonable cost--picked up the last one for my F250 for around $260 or so...
2011 Ford F250 Lariat C/C 6.7 PSD w/Curt 20K Lb Hitch & rear Timbrens
2013 Chevy Tahoe LT 4x4
2013 Infinity 3860MS 5'er/15.5K GVW/41'
U.S. Navy 1978-1986

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
I've got the Tonno Pro Hard Fold and really like it. It's got an aluminium frame under the vinyl so it will keep people honest.

hbensley
Explorer
Explorer
Passin Thru wrote:
hbensley, Just use a orange fiberglas stick mounted to the center of the bed and align with it. I had to give up toppers as we own a farm and use our truck every day and then when travelling haul a 7.5 Onan in the bed.

I was thinking of the sticks for aiding in TT hook-ups. Or a yellow line on the top of the stack pointing to the center of the hitch.
Probably the first option will work easier.
Hank Bensley
2014 Voltage 3895 Toy Hauler
2014 RAM 3500 Mega Cab 4X4 Dually AISIN 4:10 gears
2012 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

hbensley@yahoo.com

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
For those of your using the Trifecta tri-fold, how much space does it take off of your bed clearance? Has that created any difficulty for you? Also, has anyone had someone just cut into the cover to steal the stuff you hae covered? Thanks!

Kevin_O_
Explorer
Explorer
I have used all different Extang covers on my last 6 trucks.They make affordable quality covers!
KEVIN :C
DW-Debbie :R
DS-Tyler 11yrs old:D
DD-Makayla 8yrs old:p
MERIDEN,CT
2001 Ford Powerstroke F350 Lariat
2012 Keystone Outback 292BH-OLD
2016 Jayco 29.5BHDS-NEW

ashnic
Explorer
Explorer
Trifecta tri-fold you can't go wrong..last 2 trucks has had one and so will the next. Great for easy access even in cold weather!
2012 2500HD GMC Sierra
2011 Outback 295RE

scottew71
Explorer
Explorer
Another happy owner of Extang trifecta. I have had mine for almost two years and I love it.
Scott, Betty,Natalie(DD). Rachel (dog). 2016 Aerolite 292 DBHS 2012 F-150 Super Crew Ecoboost Max Tow

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ordered the Trifecta today,402 and change from Amazon. I never really worried about out of sight out of mind before, because we are mostly local boondockers.
This April we are staring with a week in Myrtle Beach and then where ever for the next couple of weeks. I felt it was wiser to exercise a bit more caution on this type of trip.

abc40kids
Explorer
Explorer
RCWannabe wrote:
I have the Xtang Trifecta, it was $400.00 and it has been great. Except now it is sitting in the garage because I purchased a cap for our trip so that I can have the mountain bikes in the back of the truck with other gear while we tow our Travel Trailer. Trifecta is easy to use, easy to install or remove and you can fold it and lock it to one panel position to open the bed of the truck if need be.

Extang Trifecta..... Probably the best soft tri-fold out there
Jeff,Julie,Amber,Brandon,and Casey and Winston ( our 5 year old Golden ) and Bruno the Pug. We now have an English Cream, white Golden Retriever as well.
2015 Keystone Montana Mountaineer 356TBF
2005 Chevy duramax dually

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have an Extang Tuff Tonno III. It is a soft roll-up style. Bought it for a fishing trip without the 5th wheel 9 years ago and it has done well. Was less then $300 then.

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
I use an Access Vanish roll up. I did not want a tri-fold because with it folded up I could not see the fifth wheel hitch from in the truck cab. I can see the fifth wheel hitch with the shorter height roll up. Good luck.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
hbensley, Just use a orange fiberglas stick mounted to the center of the bed and align with it. I had to give up toppers as we own a farm and use our truck every day and then when travelling haul a 7.5 Onan in the bed.

hbensley
Explorer
Explorer
G4 Elite is what I have. It's more expensive than your budget though. It locks and has access to the front and rear at any time.
I'm putting an auxiliary fuel tank in my truck and needed the front access and lock. The only down side is I can't put my eyes on the king pin/hitch when hooking up. The tonneau cover folds and stacks on itself about 4" high. I've seen some that fold up against the window for full bed access but block too much window for me.
Hank Bensley
2014 Voltage 3895 Toy Hauler
2014 RAM 3500 Mega Cab 4X4 Dually AISIN 4:10 gears
2012 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

hbensley@yahoo.com

RCWannabe
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Xtang Trifecta, it was $400.00 and it has been great. Except now it is sitting in the garage because I purchased a cap for our trip so that I can have the mountain bikes in the back of the truck with other gear while we tow our Travel Trailer. Trifecta is easy to use, easy to install or remove and you can fold it and lock it to one panel position to open the bed of the truck if need be.