Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Took this one for fish

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II

7.3???

Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
38 REPLIES 38

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
AnEv942 wrote:
If its a diesel (pickup) its a 7.3 but I dont see any factory diesel badging at all either. Both rigs are pretty clean- got a feeling someone spends some time with em.
For those more familiar, that Peterbuilt has me curious. Sure is nice for what it is, I mean it doesn't look like it works for a living anymore? And why trailered as it is, do folks show these?

That particular year the engine badge was on the front fenders. It could even be a V10 engine but more likely a 7.3PSD.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
It's a '97 7.3 just like mine but mine is white and the tractor is a day cab so it's probably around 14, not 20 and the GN has tandem duals so he's fine weight wise but I would have loaded it backwards and put the weight over the rear axles on the GN.

Funny coincidence, I have the same wireless rear cam setup.....

Putcher glasses on, thatโ€™s a super duty, not a 97.
That tractor is sharp looking though. Glider?

In as much as you have a Dodge, not sure you can ascertain the difference. My glasses are on.

The tractor is about 14K. I drove one just like it b4 I retired. Pulled a quad axle trailer. Mine weighed 14.5 with fuel.

I was talking about the pickup, not the tractor. Super duty, not square body like your 97.
I drive a Dodge by choice, but the better part of a million miles in company Ford trucks allows me to be able to ascertain the difference.

Yes, it's a 1999 Super Duty; that was the only year they had that particular 4x4 sticker. Definitely not a OBS.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Ahh Glider kit, I was thinking it was an older truck but transporting 'kit' without motor does make more sense. Still the more I look at it, possibly picture angle but appears single round headlight? on one pic (in front of temp sign) the short stacks look like they got taller & have reducers at top. Like the painted fuel tank
Interesting truck,
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
Me Again wrote:
Lessmore wrote:
The pickup can obviously tow the weight. I've been in Chevy and Dodge pickups that have a flatbed trailer towing similar weight. They handle it. The weight is not so much a concern for me.

My concern would be the physical dimensions of the large truck...width, height and particularly the high center of gravity of weight...potentially overwhelming the truck and trailer, if things got a little squirrelly during the drive.

It looks ok...but I'm not sure I'd want to use that rig to transport the big highway tractor. Just me.

Trailer has 8 tires under it 17.5's or 19.5's! It should be pretty stable. Chris

Agreed, width is not an issue, a semi tractor is no wider than the trailer, height looks to be legal. A walk in sleeper on that trailer would be way too tall but that older daycab is fine. CG should be no higher than a large 5th wheel travel trailer. But I would much rather drive the semi with the pickup loaded on the trailer than the other way around! ๐Ÿ™‚
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
With the 5th wheel cover it may be a show truck. Makes sense. Otherwise who tows a semi tractor with a pickup?? Lol.
I canโ€™t tell if itโ€™s new or restored but itโ€™s a nice looking rig.
I was thinking new glider since itโ€™s on a trailer and seems like itโ€™s loaded pretty far forward to have an engine in it. Or maybe thereโ€™s some air bags givin it their all under that Ford!

You may be on to something. No DEF tank ahead of the fuel tank. Chris

New 389 day cab.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
With the 5th wheel cover it may be a show truck. Makes sense. Otherwise who tows a semi tractor with a pickup?? Lol.
I canโ€™t tell if itโ€™s new or restored but itโ€™s a nice looking rig.
I was thinking new glider since itโ€™s on a trailer and seems like itโ€™s loaded pretty far forward to have an engine in it. Or maybe thereโ€™s some air bags givin it their all under that Ford!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
If its a diesel (pickup) its a 7.3 but I dont see any factory diesel badging at all either. Both rigs are pretty clean- got a feeling someone spends some time with em.
For those more familiar, that Peterbuilt has me curious. Sure is nice for what it is, I mean it doesn't look like it works for a living anymore? And why trailered as it is, do folks show these?
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
hone eagle wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
Daring driver if I see right there are no tie downs :h

Check drivers side front ,I see a yellow strap but nothing on the back?

Strap looks to me holding down a pallat infront of the truck

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lessmore wrote:
The pickup can obviously tow the weight. I've been in Chevy and Dodge pickups that have a flatbed trailer towing similar weight. They handle it. The weight is not so much a concern for me.

My concern would be the physical dimensions of the large truck...width, height and particularly the high center of gravity of weight...potentially overwhelming the truck and trailer, if things got a little squirrelly during the drive.

It looks ok...but I'm not sure I'd want to use that rig to transport the big highway tractor. Just me.

Trailer has 8 tires under it 17.5's or 19.5's! It should be pretty stable. Chris

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think that it was all tied down.

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:

Check drivers side front ,I see a yellow strap but nothing on the back?
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
SidecarFlip wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
It's a '97 7.3 just like mine but mine is white and the tractor is a day cab so it's probably around 14, not 20 and the GN has tandem duals so he's fine weight wise but I would have loaded it backwards and put the weight over the rear axles on the GN.

Funny coincidence, I have the same wireless rear cam setup.....

Putcher glasses on, thatโ€™s a super duty, not a 97.
That tractor is sharp looking though. Glider?

In as much as you have a Dodge, not sure you can ascertain the difference. My glasses are on.

The tractor is about 14K. I drove one just like it b4 I retired. Pulled a quad axle trailer. Mine weighed 14.5 with fuel.

I was talking about the pickup, not the tractor. Super duty, not square body like your 97.
I drive a Dodge by choice, but the better part of a million miles in company Ford trucks allows me to be able to ascertain the difference.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer