cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tow Advice F150 1/2 ton

mike5150
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a Wildwood 27RKSS Gross Weight 7720 lbs Dry Weight 6355 lbs My F150 as far as I can tell can tow 8000 lbs it is a XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 3.31 E-Lock Electronic Locking Rear Axle Ratio Is this to much TT for this truck I know I am pushing the envelope we have never owned a TT before any help would be very much appreciated Mike

UPDATE I understand this is to much Trailer for my truck Just trying to learn so

The yellow Sticker Door Jam says The combined weight of occupants and card go should never exceed 1661 lbs Is that the magic number for total hitch weight of TT and passengers and gear If so does
2013 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 3.31 E-Lock Electronic Locking Rear Axle Ratio
30 REPLIES 30

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Short story - not enough truck. It's not about the tow rating, it's about payload and especially rear axle rating. And this is compounded by the fact this is a S-crew - how many people and how much gear are you hauling?

What's the yellow payload sticker on the driver's door frame say for your rating?
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......