cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towel Storage in Bathroom...Modification

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a way to use useless space next to medicine cabinet in the Toy Hauler. Wanted a place to store bath towels but didn't want anything to heavy looking.

At the local Job Lot store I found this wire baskets that are made to hook on to a shelf and supply extra storage.

I cut the brackets that hold them to the shelf and screwed them into the wall with screw type wire ties.

Worked great!

RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
8 REPLIES 8

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
jackquontee wrote:
Can I ask what it was you secured it INTO? There are many ways to mount, but it seems the real secret is what is available to secure things to.

I was thinking the same thing. My walls wouldn't hold that kind of weight without some sort of bigger modification.
Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
Can I ask what it was you secured it INTO? There are many ways to mount, but it seems the real secret is what is available to secure things to.

zamazoz
Explorer
Explorer
Nice mod. I need something just like this. What type and size screws did you use and how did you anchor them to the wall?

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Nice work on the storage.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice job,, both of you.

I did not know they made screw type wire ties.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Here's another option.

Towel holder mounted between cabinet and shower.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
Rbertalotto wrote:
Looking for a way to use useless space next to medicine cabinet in the Toy Hauler. Wanted a place to store bath towels but didn't want anything to heavy looking.

At the local Job Lot store I found this wire baskets that are made to hook on to a shelf and supply extra storage.

I cut the brackets that hold them to the shelf and screwed them into the wall with screw type wire ties.

Worked great!

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I have done similar except that I use screw type wire loops instead of the screw type wire ties.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks very nice...anytime we can add storage/extra shelves, that is a good thing.