cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trade in question

campermama
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have Lance camper and have decided to upgrade to a TT. Have any of you traded in a camper? Can you get a decent price? Or are they going to totally lowball me?
Thanks!
2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie,SRW,CTD,4x4,Long bed
2020 Jayco eagle ht 274ckds

My Adventure Blog:
https://roaddivaontheroad.blogspot.com/2020/03/getting-ready.html
19 REPLIES 19

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
I traded in my old trailer and they gave me what I owed on it. I couldn't have gotten much more privately and I didn't want to sell privately due to leak issues.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
I traded in my 2nd TT when I bought my 3rd TT. I was happy with the transaction. I probably could have sold #2 privately and got a few more dollars but the time/hassle/energy was not worth it to me - the dealer gave me a hefty discount off #3 (I bought in November in PA);

All in all walked away a happy camper (literally!!!) - went camping the minute I picked up #3; I've been looking for a new camper and I'll probably go down the same route, so far I've met a couple of dealers who I would do business with.

Gerry
Gerry

jwadd
Explorer
Explorer
I easily got $4000 more for my truck camper when I sold it myself, rather than trading it in at what the dealers where offering. It took more a little more time (3 weeks) but it was worth it to me. That money was nice to have for the purchase of our trailer. If it is a good camper it will sell.
2017 F350 XLT Premium 4X4
6.2 L Gas
SRW Crew
176โ€ wheelbase 8โ€™ Long Box
184 litre fuel tank

2008 27BHS Hornet

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
As previous poster said this is how the dealer makes money so his trade in value will probley be insulting. Even is you sell it yourself at a really good price you will be money ahead.Selling can be a hassle though I see yours as an easy sale. Is it worth the cash diffference? Only you can decide that. Best of luck.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sure they're going to try and get it for as cheap as they can, that's how they make money. Have you tried to sell it yourself for a couple of weeks? I'd take it by an RV place, see how much they'll give you for it, and then list it for sale on Craig's list for 30 - 50% over their offer. What do you have to loose but answering a few phone calls, showing it a few time and maybe selling it for more than the dealer will give you!

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.