cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

trail king tires

retired1
Explorer
Explorer
We have Trail King tires on our TT. Any first hand knowledge?
Good or bad?
Retired1
14 REPLIES 14

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Check the sidewall for country of origin. That will answer your question

I don't think ANY trailer tires (ST) are made in the US ! If you want US made, you will have to go with Light Truck (LT) tires.

Make sure they have the same load capacity (on the sidewall).

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Weight, tire size, load rating and care matter.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

Coolerman
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Trailer Kings on my 2016 Sonic Venture 170VBH. ST205/75R14 Load Range C Have about 8000 miles on them, all highway at 60-70mph. Mostly around 62, as that is the speed my Nissan Xterra tow vehicle wants to go. ๐Ÿ˜‰
The tires are rated at 65mph. Zero issues with them. Still look new! I will buy them again if they continue to do as well.

Kept at 50 PSI, and monitored every time I stop for temp differences using an infrared heat gun. At highway speed they run about 100-114 depending on outside temp.
Mark Baker aka Coolerman
2016 Venture Sonic 170VBH
SOLD:2001 StarCraft Gemini
TV: 2018 Ford F-150 Lariat

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
We had a set of 4 Trailer King's (E rated) installed in February of this year. I'd say we have about 1000 miles on them and have had no issues. So far, so good...
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
My TT had 4 year old tires on it when I bought it. They were like new with no sun damage. The were the typical ST 205 load rated C made in China.

Three years and 15,000 mile later I replaced them. I move up to D Rated China bombs so I had some leeway on the tire pressure. Plus they were only $20.00 more per tire over C rated. I have another 10,000 miles on those and so far so good.

I am towing a 7000 lb. gross weight TT at 60 to 65 mph.

I kept the old ones for my other farm wagons.

I asked the local tire dealer for his recommendations on a good D rated 205 TT tire and bought what he suggested. The tire dealer tows a fifth wheel cross country when he vacations.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
Had a set of E rated 225/75 R15s on our previous 5th wheel. In the year we had them before we traded the 5th wheel for our current TT, we didn't have any trouble with them. I'd estimate 5k~ miles on them.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
I've got about 12K on Trailer King's. So far so good.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
theres a good answer.might google that tire and see what shows up. good luck.

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a set of Trailer King (ST225/75R15) from a local tire shop for a TT I used primarily for hunting. I put about 5000 miles on them, and much of it on dirt/gravel forestry roads. I sold that TT to a friend who uses it for the same thing and under similar conditions. The same tires are still on it and he has not had any problems that I am aware of.
Times fun when you're having flies!

retired1
Explorer
Explorer
We put Maxxis on our previous trailer to replace the Carlisle tires that came on it and did NOT have a good experience. They all came apart in one long trip. The question was about Trailer King and if anyone had any first hand knowledge. They came with the trailer. Didn't have a choice.
Thanks
Retired1

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
stick with maxxis tires . all these odd names are made as cheap as possible. know a guy just bought some made in vietnam.

Actually Kumho commercial trailer tires are made in Vietnam and are pretty good, way better than the average China Bomb. I would choose them before Maxxis, but few sizes are available.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
stick with maxxis tires . all these odd names are made as cheap as possible. know a guy just bought some made in vietnam.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the sidewall for country of origin. That will answer your question

retired1
Explorer
Explorer
Trailer King not Trail King. Sorry.
Retired1