cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel Trailer graphics faded

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure this has come up before, so maybe someone has a source on where to get replacement graphics for my 2004 Wildnerness by Fleetwood. A local vinyl sign company said he could probably make up new ones if we made patterns from the old ones but warned me it would be expensive:(
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
24 REPLIES 24

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking of hiring a painter to redo the lettering once I take off the old ones with a special wheel (3m I believe) previously mentioned in this Forum.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good without them. On my old trailer, the graphics not only look faded and peeling, they look out-dated.

SC_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Before

Decals removed

After

We did not redo the Jay Flight logos. $90 a pair and they dont look too bad yet.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
We were able to replace the rear bunkend graphic on our '07 ROO 23SS with a simple call to FR in Millersburg, IN. Seems like the cost including shipping was around $50. I would bet that with all the RVs made in northern IN, there are just a handful of decal producers - just like the bunkend companies for HTT.

Is Fleetwood still around at all or bought out?? If still around, they may have the info for you to contact the company directly. If bought out, maybe same thing....put you in contact with the original company that made them.

I, too, have seen several lately that are just removing the decals completely. No offense intended, but they remind me of FEMA trailers. My cousin and DH removed the striping from their '03 (??) KZ and ordered some online. They did a great job just restriping and looked like original. He said removing the original was a PITA - their trailer had aluminum siding. When I removed the decal from our ROO it was maybe a 30 min job, tops. A hair dryer and some slow and easy peeling took care of it. A good wipedown with GooGone and then washed with Dawn and water, rinsed well and we were good to go. Our siding was the laminate type, so maybe that made a difference.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
Getting the old ones off is a pain and you can see the image of the decal where it's not faded or discolored. Once off, it would be easy to mask off the image and paint. I wonder if Rust-Oleum paint in a rattle can would hold up? Anyone ever try this?

SC_camper
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced our faded and cracked decals over the last few weekends. I started by making a trace copy of one of the decals on paper. I transferred the paper copy onto a piece of 1/8th in smooth paneling. I cut out the paneling and sanded the edges. I got new vinyl from a local sign shop, by the foot. I taped the paneling on the vinyl and cut it out with a snap off razor.

I removed the old decals with a 3m decal remover mounted in a drill. I washed the camper with dish detergent to remove wax, oil and dirt. Wipe the application area with alcohol. I Sprayed the application area with water mixed with a little soap to make applying the vinyl a little easier. It came out good for first timers. The following weekend I spent 9 hours waxing the rest of the siding.

I need to upload after pictures from the camera and post on here. It was a lot of work but my labor is free to me. We spent less than $100 for the entire project.

boulderado
Explorer
Explorer
Same problem with the vinyl decals on the doors of our not quite 4 year old Hideout. I peeled of the crackled ones from the back door, the front door is looking OK so far. The doors seem to be fiberglass, whereas the rest is aluminum and the decals stick better. Would be nice to get a custom paint job, but that is probably going to cost more than we paid for the trailer. I guess eventually all the decals will peel off and we will end up with the FEMA-trailer look :B.

I keep telling my wife as the trailer gets older we'll just replace the 'T' in 'Hideout' with an 'S', thus having the first Keystone Hideous!
Knut and Susan FMCA 351422
[black]'18 Keystone Cougar 24 SABWS[/black]
[black]'19 Ford F-150 XLT FX4 SuperCrew Ecoboost aka Big Red[/black]
[black]Blue Ox SwayProยฎ Weight Distributing Hitch[/black]

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same problem with our 1998 Southwind. Graphics are really bad and it is difficult to find anyone to replace or re-do.
We are thinking of having them removed and then replace with paint, just like the new ones, but that will be expensive also.

BigSkyFamily
Explorer
Explorer
Locally I have noticed quite a few people completely stripping their trailers of any exterior graphics and lettering. Kind of unique seeing a totally white trailer.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I tried looking some 5 or so years ago and I couldn't find any.. Fleetwood has been out of the "Travel Trailer" manufacturing business for some time.

The front graphics on my 2003 Prowler died 5 years ago.. I just peeled them off and live with a blank front.

Once the sides go, I'll just do the same and eventually have a "white" trailer with no graphics at all.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.