cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

travel trailer insurance

preachersgirl
Explorer
Explorer
What insurance companies do you recommend for a 2007 travel trailer?
17 REPLIES 17

Hockeytchr
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you have enough coverage. In our current situation our trailer has heat damage from the trailer next to us at our seasonal site that burned completely to the ground. Burned trailer owner had no liability..... so we are stuck filing our own claim.....which means our insurance will likely go up thanks to the neighbor.
2015 Keystone Hideout 38fqds
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercrew
2015 Ford F150 XLT Ecoboost Supercab
2005 Club Car
2009 Polaris Ranger Crew
2015 Polaris RZR 900S
1995 17' Gilgetter Pontoon

Aadkins101
Explorer
Explorer
We vote for Good Sam. We have our 2011 trailer insured with them, and also extended warranty coverage & roadside assistance. Sadly, we have had occasion to make several claims and have received timely and excellent service. Being trailer/RV experts, they know exactly what we need when we call. Highly recommended.

fitznj
Explorer
Explorer
State Farm. While towing it's coverage

That's what I thought (I have State Farm); For more than a decade, i asked the same question "is my TT covered when attached to my Van?"

YES was always the answer. Well, I kissed a tree and put a small dent in the front. When I put in the claim...... you guessed it.

I screamed and hollered with the SF agent (who I have known for 25 years) and reminded him that I had asked this question every year upon renewal.

The bottom line was:
The TT IS covered for liability while attached and that is it.

I took out TT coverage for comp/collision which came out to $150/year.

SO...... talk to your agent and ask specific questions
Gerry

B-n-B
Explorer III
Explorer III
Progressive: $12.57 a month.
2019 Chevy 3500HD LTZ DRW
2021 Lance 975

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with the others, you shouldn't have a problem, it's a very common scenario.

With my insurance co., when towing, it's covered by my auto policy. When parked, I have a comprehensive rider that covers it should something happen to it. Pretty inexpensive too, compared to the cost of replacement.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
preachersgirl wrote:
So you are saying just add it to my current auto insurance? I have Allstate and don't think they offer it.

My Allstate insurance offers it. I have it. Call them and tell them to add it to you policy. not a problem. And not expensive.

Check your state laws as well. Here in NC. The TT has Liability insurance while hooked to the TV. So all you have to buy extra is collision if you want it, and comprehensive, if you want it. You don't have to have either if you don't have a loan.
So if you don't have a loan. You don't have to get any insurance, and just let the TV cover it for liability while hooked.

Remember. Liability cover what damage the TT would do to another vehicle, or other property. Liability is required in NC.

Collision covers any damage to the TT during an accident.

Com covers that durn tree falling on it.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
I paid a premium for a four year, purchase price replacement policy. If I drive off a cliff it is covered for the price I paid for it.

After four years, I will just add it to our auto insurance at it depreciated value.

How much can you afford to pay and how much can you afford to loose, determine your insurance needs.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Read your auto policy you have now. Might be already covered? Then have a talk with your Insurance person...Ours is "covered" under auto policy if "legally hitched" to a vehicle that I have insured. But many questions and catches...if stolen, not covered, if tree falls on it when disconnected, not covered etc. Payoff for total loss is based on "value at time of occurrence" etc. Which could be a lot less then what I think it might be worth etc. You may want extra coverage or you may not depends on your situation. Lots of options and things to think about.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have our TT on our home owner's / auto policy along with our MH. Filed a $4K claim with State Farm two months ago on the MH and they couldn't have been easier to deal with.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

dyb
Explorer
Explorer
State Farm. While towing it's coverage, but if it is stolen while parked or stored then that's different.
2005 F 250 5.4, 4.10 Gear, Tow/Haul, TorqShift Tranny 8ft. Box
Built in Break Controller
Super Duty super cab 158" wheel base
Eagle 320 rlds 2008
Raised Oct, 1988
Reese Dual Cam

FCStreamer
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, Allstate offers it. I just added mine.
2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 30' Recliner
2013 Cadillac Escalade Tow Vehicle
Visit my blog Flying Cloud for my latest adventure!

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Are we talking comprehensive and collision here? My agent told me liability is "included" in the TV coverage.

For $250 deductible comp and collision, I got $13K coverage for $65 per year added to my regular auto insurance with Erie Insurance.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

skiles
Explorer
Explorer
I have Met Life through work and I just added ours to our TV/Homeowner's policy. I think it's about $150/year for $15K in coverage. I wish they offered roadside assistance but no such luck.
2009 Outback 268rl
2015 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
We have AAA and for $12000 coverage its 160 a year. I haven't had any claims so can't tell you if they are good or not. We have 3 houses a truck, a car and the trailer, so I trust them