cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck Camper slide out...out while driving

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 'ol lady and I were returning from shopping. I look over and there was a truck with a camper cruising in the fast lane going the opposite way. His slide out was out about a foot!
5 REPLIES 5

Freep
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
The 'ol lady and I were returning from shopping. I look over and there was a truck with a camper cruising in the fast lane going the opposite way. His slide out was out about a foot!

That was me. I was hoping no one would notice.
2014 Lance 992
2014 Ram 3500 DRW Turbo diesel

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
One of my trailers had a hyd operated slideout that would come out about halfway when going around corners.
And a gear operated slideout on another a different trailer would creep out driving down the road.
I added spring loaded pin stops on both units......and had to remember go out and pull them open before pushing the out switch.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Eh, Iโ€™ve done that a time or 3. Run the slide out enough to get in the camper. No worries, but Iโ€™ve also caught it quickly.
#mirrors
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Must not check his outside rear view mirrors too often.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I hope they didnโ€™t hit anything. Could have been a loose brake on a model or two, but more likely they forgot to close it.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member