cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Truck Ride Quality

mclainfarm
Explorer
Explorer

My truck is a 99 f350, camper is now a palomino which weighs right around 4000lbs. This is the third truck camper I have had on this truck and probably the heaviest. I have never been satisfied with the quality of ride or the quality of driving. I also have nothing to compare it to because this is the only truck I have used for hauling a camper. I have replaced all the shocks with pep boys gabriel?. Not real quality but better than the factory shocks which were on it when I bought the truck. It now has 238k on the truck. I purchased the truck with 100k on it and thats when I replaced the shocks and drag link,tie rod ends,and added a factory steering stabilizer. My question is how much improvement do you think if I replaced the shocks with rancho, which seem to be a popular choice, and possible add a steer rite or higher quality steering stabilizer? How good does your truck ride if you own a similar truck? Is there something else I should be looking at?
Dwayne
1999 FORD F350 DRW 7.3 DIESEL 240000 MILES
2014 Palomino truck camper
17 REPLIES 17

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
I know a lot of members are very pleased with Rancho shocks with ford trucks and most Dodge Truck members including myself are very pleased with Bilstein shocks.

Driftwood132
Explorer
Explorer
I just got back from a 500 mile round trip to Rockingham NC . I have a F250 with new shocks , Monroe brand. The roads were rough on the trip, one bump after another. I was thinking while being bounced around if I go out west I'll need another truck ! Is this normal? I always figured if there is close to 2000 pounds in the bed it would not be as rough as it would be empty but I was wrong.

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
Is your truck squatting a bit or is it the angle?? I think you want to look at Stableloads before you worry about shocks. I know that is a little car and trailer but you might want to look at W/D. That single axle will increase hitch load more than you might think. That makes the rear sag and messes with your steering.