cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trying to find weight of TT

Cantdrive55
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to find the weight of my TT. I bought it "pre-owned" last year. The sticker on the side is so worn I cannot read it.
22 REPLIES 22

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
1wayhighway wrote:
Did you look on the inside of the door or the inside of a cabinet door for a sticker?

Most OLDER trailers never had any sticker inside, I don't think they did that until 2000 perhaps..

Did you check your title?

Not sure about your State but PA puts the unladen weight plus the GVWR information on the title and the annual registration card..

I suspect that 7500 is the GVWR and if you check the axles/rim you will have 5 bolt pattern which would indicate 3,500 lb axles. Combination of tongue and axle weights will equal the 7500 lb GVWR.

If you are wanting the empty weight then weighing the trailer is the only way to find out.

Cantdrive55
Explorer
Explorer
Appreciate all the help. I'll go through all the cabinets again just to be sure.

1wayhighway
Explorer
Explorer
Did you look on the inside of the door or the inside of a cabinet door for a sticker?
Ford F150, 5.0, Screw, 3.55
White Hawk 28DSBH

bguy
Explorer
Explorer
Look on the inside of all the cabinet doors. Bound to be on one. Mine's under the sink. My buddies was in his pantry, and my old pop up had one on the entry door.
---------------------------------------
2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, 4x4, 3.55, HEMI
2009 TL-32BHS Trail-Lite by R-Vision

Ron_Gratz
Explorer
Explorer
Numbers came from Travel Trailer section -- below the Fifth Wheel section.

Cantdrive55
Explorer
Explorer
Not a 5th wheel

Ron_Gratz
Explorer
Explorer
GOOGLE provided the following:

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/1995/Damon-Corporation/Travel-Trailers-5th-Wheels?yearType=Used

M-27F 4654
M-27H 4444
M-27R 5479

I assume the numbers are the published "dry weights".

There was no 27T listed.

Ron

Cantdrive55
Explorer
Explorer
It's a 1995 Damon Hornet 27t. I think k we are all on the same page with it being 7500 gross weight. Google is no help on this one.

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
The original tires were 205x75x15 load range C. If that's the size that it still has, look on the sidewall. Max load for max pressure. This number times 2 will give a very close axle rating. Double it for 2 axles, and add a low 10% extra for the tongue weight and you will be close to the Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR).

There should be a tag or sticker on each axle with the max axle rating. Use the lower of the tire or axle ratings to do your calculations for GVWR. The lower number is always the weakest link and going to be the rating for GVWR.

Gross Axle Weight Rating (GAWR) is only the weight on the tires.
Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) is the weight on the tires and the tongue weight.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
What is the year, make and model of the trailer?

The last line looks to be the VIN number. If so, the 10th digit looks like an S which indicates 1994. So 1994 what?
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
MitchF150 wrote:
My guess is that the #7500 is the trailers GVWR.

Mitch

X2 due to the tire size listed. 205x75x15C. No way 7500 lbs is dry weight, has to be GVWR
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes you can weigh it and know how heavy it is. but you still won't know if it is overloaded or how much more you can put in it.

Maybe you could google your TT, and find the GVWR.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Most quarries around here will let you loose there scale for free. You could also try a scrap yard.

Cantdrive55
Explorer
Explorer
Never thought of that. Great idea!