cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two Questions

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
1. I recently took delivery of a 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 extended cab long box. Since I have a truck camper, I ordered the trailering wiring provisions for camper, fifth wheel, and gooseneck trailer which includes an additional 7-way wiring harness routed to the front of the pickup box. That was the UY2 option for $55. Does anyone know where the heck it's situated? Thought maybe on top of the gas tank ... but, it doesn't seem like it. I think maybe, just maybe, that it's coiled up in the area of the spare tire ... wrapped in plastic ties ... but, it's difficult to see and I don't want to cut anything loose only to have to tie it up again if it isn't what I was looking for. If that actually is it back there, what happened to 'routed to the front of the pickup box', I wonder?

2. I wanted to upload a little helpful post on a TC topic ... including photos. I can't seem to find any instructions here, though. I'm pretty sure I have to host the photos somewhere else and only use the URL's in the post here on RV.NET but are there restrictions on where they can be hosted? I upload a lot to Flickr, so I was wondering if that would be OK? Also, does this site automatically set the correct size, or would I have to do that with Photoshop or some other image manipulation program first? Flickr makes the different sizes available in URL form, so that might work if there is a restriction.

Any help you can give on either of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Zircon, even if the pic won't display, you can use the Advanced Post Form, and include the URL. Usually, photos won't display due to permissions issues.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks OBXcamper! That's great! Makes what I want to do much easier. Also, thanks to Greg (gregchambers) I now have a pretty good handle on the first question. Thanks Greg!

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
@ Zircon, I see your pic on the pic thread. Nice looking rig!
'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
@ jimh425 Well, Jim, I certainly wouldn't know about that. I'm not on Twitter ... or Facebook! Now, you can find me on Flickr, however.

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
Ok. I've already solved my second problem. I had a shot of my Alp Advenurer rig on the 2500 up on Flickr. It was a private photo that I uploaded last year. I went to Flickr, grabbed the URL for the medium size (640x425) and uploaded it on the Photo Thread - Post a Photo Of Your Truck Camper Here. It worked perfectly even though it was a private photo. At least, I can see it. Can everyone else? Would be nice if someone could confirm that it is visible.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Zircon, welcome to the forum. As others have noted, many questions have been answered before.

Btw, "@" is for Twitter. We just go by our monikers. ๐Ÿ™‚

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
@ chevor Doing what you suggest in your first two sentences is actually how I found the bundle of tied up wire that I referenced in the first post. With the help of a mirror, I think I can even make out the ends (7 wires) since, as I already mentioned, I know there is no connecter included. Don't think they are headed forward from that point, though. But, I'll look again. Man, what a pain! The dealer isn't open today ... and, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't know anyway.

chevor
Explorer
Explorer
The wiring harness.
There is a spot underneath somewhere by the spare tire towards drivers side is where the trailer sockets connect. Follow the rear plug wires to this point. Should be two wire hareness headed towards front of truck on inside driver side frame rail. One should be the 5th wheel harness, the other is the power feed from the controls.

As for pictures. I go to photobucket and upload there. Add links in posts to those picts.

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
@ wnjj Thanks, but I did a Google search and found that page yesterday. ๐Ÿ™‚ That's why this morning I looked in that area, on top of the gas tank, etc., etc. I'll give it another try, though.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
Zircon wrote:
@ Wayne. Actually, I did do that. A "Uploading Photos" search ... both standard and advanced gives diddly. "Photo Uploading" gives the same. Put in 'pictures' instead of photos ... still nothing. "Posting Photos" search gives me something on a table leg retrofit ... but there was something down there on dragging a photo. Not much help, actually, if I want to post a number of photos together with some description. I also checked FAQ ... and, again, nothing.

Also, TC's are what I'm interested in ... and frankly, I don't have the luxury of leisure time right now to look at much else.
As with most things, there is a learning curve, and it does take time.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some info here on 2012 models unless it's changed on yours.

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
@ Wayne. Actually, I did do that. A "Uploading Photos" search ... both standard and advanced gives diddly. "Photo Uploading" gives the same. Put in 'pictures' instead of photos ... still nothing. "Posting Photos" search gives me something on a table leg retrofit ... but there was something down there on dragging a photo. Not much help, actually, if I want to post a number of photos together with some description. I also checked FAQ ... and, again, nothing.

Also, TC's are what I'm interested in ... and frankly, I don't have the luxury of leisure time right now to look at much else.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
Zircon wrote:
... 2. I wanted to upload a little helpful post on a TC topic ... including photos. I can't seem to find any instructions here, ...
Review the the RV.NET Forum index. Note Technical Resources. Then note Forum Technical Support. This will provide you with information to Post forum related questions, test posts and requests for assistance here - signatures, profile, search & pictures.

I encourage you to review each of the Forums in the index other than just the Truck Camper forum. Lots of interesting and valuable there.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
@ jmckelvy. Thanks. But, I've been on my back all morning digging around in that area and ... nothing. As I say, the only thing that looks promising is in the rear above the spare tire. But, I don't know why it would be back there. I understand it wouldn't have the connector, but I'll cross that bridge when (if) I find it.:)