cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal RV stabilizer - anyone use these?

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for opinions on these universal stabilizers that are on sale at camping world -
Universal RV Stabilizer - 2 pack #86603

I'm looking at these as a relatively cheap alternative to the various supports for when off the truck. What do you think; do they work and are worth the money? Thanks.
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper
9 REPLIES 9

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
not meant for truck campers, only trailers.
Bob

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
A block of wood and 4x4 stabilize/supports front of my camper with no weight limit and much cheaper.

Bob__B
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't used these yet for my new to me camper, but with my old camper, they were fine without modification.
2007 Lance 1181, 2013 Chevy 3500 DRW

rlb8s
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for the replies. Bob B your adjustable saw horse looks ideal. Have your cut the legs any to allow it to be used at less then 25 inches?
12 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity - named E-Pod
05 GMC 3500 SRW Crew Cab LB
10 Bass Cat Puma w/ 250 Mercury ProXS

Previous RVs -
14 Livin Lite 8.6
13 Pleasure-Way Lexor TS Class B
13 Tioga Montara 25K Class C
09 Lance 915 Truck Camper

Bob__B
Explorer
Explorer
It shows a weight capacity of 250#.

I have some similar to these that work great....1200# capacity and cheaper.

Link
2007 Lance 1181, 2013 Chevy 3500 DRW

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I've got one that I bought off of eBay. Only used it a couple of times. Can't really say if it helped or not. Bal x chocks made a more noticeable difference. Maybe 2 would work better.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
That device is screwed permanently to the bottom of a travel trailer or 5th wheel. It will not work well with a truck camper.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Save and buy it on Amazon. Free shipping if you have PRIME;
http://www.amazon.com/Valterra-020106-RV-Stabilizer/dp/B001UGJPXQ?ie=UTF8&ascsubtag=1ba00-01000-org0...

Lots of reviews and questions asked and answered on the Amazon link that may give you some great advice, so read those.

However, I see a problem;
Campers sit flat on the bed of a truck. That thing mounts to the bottom of the camper, so your camper will be sitting on it instead of it's nice, smooth bottom.

Also, careful where you drill holes. Some campers have their tanks on the bottom. You don't wanna puncture a tank.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a TC but I use one on my TT and find that it works well for my application.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)