cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upper Stableload, gap?

pcoplin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I swapped my upper (and lower) Stableloads onto this new truck, a 2005 F350. One of them is riding on the upper leaf at ride height, the other is about a 1/4 inch away.

I'm wanting to trim at least the one up, to eliminate the harsher ride I believe it's giving me. Also adding some Fox shocks with adjustable compression. How much gap are you guys leaving for suspension travel?

I'm also going to fabricate a new block that's one inch taller to level it some with the trailer, and also in case it causes a little lower stance.

Thanks for the info!

2005 F350 CCLB Dually 6.0/5R110
2009 Adventurer 950B
3 REPLIES 3

Caysea
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All

Mine are in contact with no load in bed. Called Torklift because I was going to take about an inch off and they said don't. Should they be in contact with no load?? I took them off for around town driving without the rig but don't feel like putting them on and off every time I load up.

KC
Ford F350 KR SRW 4X4
NL 10 RD

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
unloaded on my 03 F350 SRW there is 2-3 inches on both, loaded there is no gap on either.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Area13
Explorer
Explorer
Only about 1/4-1/2" gap on my 2002 Super Duty with little to no air in the bags. Rancho adjustable shocks helped my unloaded ride more than anything. That being said, it's an older Super Duty so, well, ya...Ride is not a it's strength.
2020 Outdoors RV 21RD
2015 F-150 FX4 5.0 3.73