cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

VA diesel drivers

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a second house in VA and for the last 4 years have driven back and forth between here and there. In VA the price for diesel was usually in the $3.62-$3.72 range while here mostly in the $3.89-$4.09 range. Drove up to VA last weekend and it was in the $3.89 range, with one place having biodiesel at $3.33. Loved filling my AUX tank and saving $10 to $15 a fill up. (not with the biodiesel)

Why has it risen so high lately after holding steady for the last 4 years?
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK
20 REPLIES 20

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel is #2 fuel oil with additives. Home heating oil is #2 fuel oil. Long cold winter, high demand and because they can.

The switch from low sulfur to Ultra low sulfur fuel also drove up the price.

No Keystone pipeline.

Because they can.......
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Because they can. Plain and simple. It is not like some things that folk would stop buying if the price got high. People will buy fuel at "whatever" price. Could you do without?
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Explorer
Explorer
Because our king said so
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Because its a conspiracy against diesel drivers! We have too much "power!" ๐Ÿ™‚

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Last year the governor proposed a sales tax increase to pay for road construction. He promised to lower the gas tax to help appease people. That makes no sense to me. The gas tax should pay for roads, not the sales tax.
Anyway, what they didn't mention was they were raising the diesel tax. So, us diesel owners got higher sales and fuel tax.
Thanks government.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Greed

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.