cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water coming out city water inlet.

2006cummins
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 94 cascade camper. So I finally replaced my bad water pump and it works as it should but when the pump is on water is coming out of the exterior city water inlet. I looked at the plumbing and I see that the line directly out of the pump t's off going up to the HWT and then t's off again to the city water inlet and then up and back to the bathroom. It didn't used to do this when I would run the pump. I'm not sure what is going on if a valve is bad or what. any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

2006cummins
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tips, All I did was push the plunger on the valve and it stopped leaking. I love free fixes.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis M M wrote:
Those stinking little check valves are worthless (as you have found). I removed the check valve put on a manual valve similar to the one pictured above years ago. Works fine. Only issue is I have to go out and close the valve if we lose park water pressure and want to switch to our fresh tank.

I like this idea having full control this way. Be nice to set it up so that the valve is inside under the cabinets not sticking out beyond camper body.

Gripnriprod
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Bad check valve at that inlet connection.
X2 Hook up a hose and flush it by opening a faucet with the pump off.
'11 GMC 3500hd SLT DRW D/A 4x4 Spray-in, Air Bags w/comp & controls, TL, Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 9.5t Warn, front rcvr, Fox Shocks, '11 AF 1140, DB, AC, Gen, Solar, Thermal Windows, Wardrobe, Rear & Side Awnings, 18' Lund/40hp Honda 4 stroke

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
Those stinking little check valves are worthless (as you have found). I removed the check valve put on a manual valve similar to the one pictured above years ago. Works fine. Only issue is I have to go out and close the valve if we lose park water pressure and want to switch to our fresh tank.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

SWD
Explorer
Explorer
You can remove it and take it apert. What has happened is the rubber o ring has come off and not sealing. Take it apart and replace o ring and re-assemble.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I took this from an rv post:

Well today I was de winterizing and was sanitizing the fresh water tank. Turned on the pump to run some of the sanitized water through the system aand water started gushing out the city water hook up. Huh I must've screwed up the check valve when winterizing. So I took the three screws holding the city water hook up on the side of the camper off. Pulled the hook up away from the camper and unscrewed the hose that attaches to it off. Some parts fell out in my hand so I removed the filter screen on the hook up and more parts fell out. Apparently when I pushed the check valve to make sure antifreeze go in their the valve couldn't handle the pressure and came apart. Anyway alls I had to do was put the O ring back on and reassemble the check valve and reinstall the city water hook up and its good to go. Took ten minutes to fix. Sorry for rambling just thought someone might find it useful.

More how-to info here :

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23292119.cfm

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Most likely the check valve in the inlet has gone bad. For a temperialy fix just screw in one of these.

Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Try pushing in the little recess and agitating the dirt out of it. It's just a little rubber one way valve is all.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Bad check valve at that inlet connection.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
There is a pressure valve just inside the city inlet and thats probably stuck open or it went bad.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods