cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water damage

nabbermct
Explorer
Explorer
I have water damage in our 05 Springdale trailer. The ceiling is wrinkled and the inside wall is too. I was wondering if I can fix this or should I take this to RV repair shop. If I was doing this myself where do I purchase the material for this job. I think I have fixed the water from coming in, it not wet on the floor anymore.
6 REPLIES 6

REDF350
Explorer
Explorer
Water damage, most RVers biggest fear. I know it's mine. Unfortunately, when you find out about it, the damage is often severe. They don't call it "fall- apart-icle board" for nothing. I would try to fix it myself if I were you. Try to enlist the help of a friend with good carpentry skills if you can.
2003 Coachmen Catalina 300 TBS
2006 Ford F350, 6.8L, V10, 4.10
Husky 1000 WD
Camco friction sway control
Prodigy BC
Wife, Four Children (22G, 19G, 17B, 11G)
One Labrador

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, I certainly wouldn't consider it a total loss. But, only you can tell if you have the skills to do it yourself. If you tow it to a dealer they may be able to give you a estimate. But, as long as you have the trailer you have nothing to loose is doing the repair yourself. You will learn as you go.

boosTT
Explorer
Explorer
If you can not do the work yourself, it may be time to concider it a total loss. Unless you can still use it as is. Repairs are going to be very expensive if done by a dealer.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
If you have carpentry skills you can do it yourself. Unfortunately once an RV roof leaks it usually rots and needs replaced. Figure about $150 or more per foot at a dealer just to replace the roof.

For more detailed assistance you should list what you've got in either your signature or profile.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

westend
Explorer
Explorer
If you have specific wall coverings you're trying to match, you can contact the Mfg. but I don't think you'll have good luck.

If you've had a leak that damaged the ceiling, the walls, and the floor, you're probably in for more work than what's visible. To know that the leak is no longer leaking, a pressurized leak test is the best insurance.

Sorry to be such a "sad sack" about this but water leaks are really one of the worst problems with TT's. Good luck with your repairs.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are several threads on fixing water damage. If you have the skills you should be able to do it. If it has leaked for a while the studs can be bad along with soft spots on the floor.