Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fiberglass siding crack

Last weekend I was helping my parents get their trailer ready for sale. While washing I noticed a 5-6 inch crack in the fiberglass siding extending from the top corner where the opening is cut for the slide out. What would be involved in repairing th...

2012 RAM 1500 W/ TOW HAUL?

NOT SURE IF THIS IS WHERE TO ASK, if wrong mod can u move it.have a 2012 ram 5.7 w/ tow haul mode. is this used only when climbing a mt. or steep grade while towing a 22ft travel trailer? or are there other times it can be used?thanks

joelyn by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterizing. Just looking for some clarifications...

Hey Folks,Just looking for some clarification on winterizing my Starcraft 18BH. The dealer offered free storage and winterizing this past fall so I took them up on the offer. We are taking the trailer out of storage for our Canadian March Break and d...

bedpan by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Small water heater leak

I found a small water heater leak on my trailer the last time I was out and finally started troubleshooting it. It is a VERY small leak, only a few drops every couple of hours, but enough to be noticeable. It appears leaking out of the upper fittin...

TexasATM by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

99 Chevy Suburban 1500

A friend of my is asking a lot of questions about his truck. It is 99 Chevy Suburban 1500. He said that his gross combine weight is 14,800 pound. I was puzzled on how he got that. He basically added the max two weight (8,000) and GVWR (6,800). Is tha...

ugh by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Dually tire question.

I have a 2014 F350 DRW. I probably have about 16,000 miles on original BFG. I was thinking about rotation the tires, and while looking real close I noticed both out side duels were way down compared to the inside dual. I know I must rotate, but want ...

Trading in TT with RV dealer

We have had our TT listed on the local market for awhile. No luck so far.. What can I expect if I use it as a trade in from the dealer i'm buying from ?....Is it pretty much the same deal when you trade in a car ?thanks..

wolfcat1 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Experts

I purchased two new 6 volt golf cart batteries from Costco. They are Interstate brand GC2-RD. 208 AH. Per the specs, it says that the absorption phase should be 7.65 volts. That would be 15.3 volts for both batteries tied in series. That seems r...

ddrueckh by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Auxiliary fuel tank

Anybody have one in their bed? I hate stopping for fuel every 250-300 miles and dealing with gas stations that are less than RV friendly. Thinking of picking up a 60gallon or so tank to extend my range out to 800 miles or so and then I can fuel up o...

Aux fuel (diesel) tank with pump NOT in bed?

I found couple of aux tanks with a built-in pump that sits in the bed, but not under the truck. Does such setup exist?Basically, I'm looking at a scenario where I can carry some extra fuel for both the truck and a diesel generator which is not on the...

Acei by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Televisions and towing??? On mount or on bed??

Soooo....we get to sunny Florida and we have the television on this morning and it suddenly dies. It was the cheapie Jensen that came with the trailer, and I checked for any reasons why it failed, but it will not power on. I'm not that upset...rath...

scbwr by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

1978 Fliteway Truck Camper

My DW and I bought a 1978 Fliteway last year. When the camper isn't on the truck, we've been working long and hard at refurbishing and updating it. Other than locating a company (Fliteway Co., Inc. in Manawa, WI) that existed in the late '70's I h...

cgrisham by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes