Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Second battery

Our camper has only room for one group 24 battery. A few years ago I added wiring and a multipoint switch for an additional battery to go ahead of the rear wheel well but have not used it until now.My questions relates to the second battery. If I a...

Looking for advice on length

Howdy everyone...My wife and I are in the market for a travel trailer while the kids are still young enough to not be into the high school scene and "to busy or to cool" to hang our with their folks.A little background. I hold a Class A CDL in MI and...

eipo by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

safe towing-camper package?

I need experienced advice on camper weight and towing. The last time I had a camper was a Six-Pac 8ft on a F150 SB and comfortably towed a 20ft boat, no hitch extension.I now have a 97 F250 SB, 460V8. TorkLift StableLoad OL spring pads installed, Ai...

botrboy4 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Insurance for a fixed location trailer

We have a 'destination' trailer that is parked on our owned lot in the RGV. We have no plans to move it. I have been forced to purchased regular travel trailer insurance as I have been told that it can only be insured as a mobile home if it meets c...

Palomino Solaire and hitch

Seriously considering this 32', 5800lb unit, and need advice on what type of hitch to buy. I'm going from a 5th wheel, and kind of leery of changing the hitch method. I've been told by a few dealers that not many people go from 5th to TT, but the oth...

garyp4951 by Explorer III
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Center of gravity?

Is it going to cause any problems if the camper center of gravity is 4 to 6 inches in front of the rear axle?

JRJR by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Reese rust typical?

I ordered a new Reese WD hitch on-line and a shank separately (from two vendors). The shank showed up pretty beat up with some surface rust mainly (I think) because it was shipped raw (no box). The WD hitch was a MESS, the spring bars and clamps fo...

hbrady by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning led light strips

Purchased light strips and 3 m tape, Tape wont stick to silicone around strip, That sucks lol, Is there a brand that will work and i mean will stick to the rv. And the lights. Really like that type of lighting,

looking for a used 17' fiber glass trailer

Hello,I am looking for a used (but in good condition) fiber glass trailer. Myself, wife and our 1.5 yo daughter are going to start a cross country roadtrip this comming summer and are looking for a lightweight trailer to tow with our 2006 Honda Ridge...

LYH by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Keystone Hideout 38FKTS

Selling MH for a bunkhouse TT. How are Keystone products? Any major issues with Keystones quality? The Hideout 38FKTS is apparently a new model for this year. Front kitchen, middle bunkhouse and rear bedroom with 3 slides. Patio slider door, resident...

srt20 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Help us choose please!

We are upgrading from a pop up to a travel trailer. Looking for a bunkhouse layout somewhere in the 28-30' range and around 6000lbs dry weight. With our budget around 14k max, it puts us in the 2005-2010 range from what our research has found. Please...

Roof ladder, yes or no?

We just ordered a new white hawk and I am on the fence if I should add a factory ladder, price isn't an issue, I'm concerned about adding holes to the roof and the siding for the ladder mounts, I think it would be useful to be able to get up on the r...

jacko147 by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar Adventure

Well since I'm going to be boondocking some this summer I have decided to begin my SOLAR adventure. I plan on buying my batteries this weekend. Starting off with 2 6V batteries any advice on manufacturer and such.