cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water hose quick connect question

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Do any of you use the water hose quick connects found at the local home improvement stores. Looks like this -->clicky They look awfully handy, they also look like they may leak around the coupling? Feedback from any of you that use them would be appreciated. 🙂
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*
11 REPLIES 11

Tennessee_Nomad
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the response. I suppose I've seen enough to convince me to let go of 5 or 6 bucks and give them a try.
2010 Keystone Montana 3455SA Quad Slide
4 Goodyear G614's
2017 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 Crew Cab
6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel
B & W Companion Hitch
All Made In USA

*I chose the road less traveled... Now I don't know where the hell I am*

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Barney,

Only my fresh water fill is locked on my trailer, not the city water. That's what threw me!

Thanks!
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
City water. No need for any connections when filling up the fresh water tank except at the hydrant. Take a look at the pictures I posted above for your answer.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Are you guys talking about City Water or Fresh Water?

Whenever I fill my fresh water, I always allow the neck to be open so the tank can burp and fill up all the way.

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Home depot plastic quick connects. If they leak the washers or "O"rings need to be replaced. I keep spares handy.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2 brass ones about 4 years old and they don't leak yet. We also have a shutoff on the hose right next to it.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a 90 degree quick disconnect for my water inlet. I remove the elbow each time. Even having to attach the elbow each time makes it easier to attach the hose and eliminate a crimp.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I use the brass ones. I use a rubber chair leg cap to keep dirt and debris out while not in use. 5/8 inch on the ones I have.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use the plastic ones from Home Depot on all my fittings from the hydrant back to the trailer. They have not leaked and are at least three years old now. Have them on the Y, filter, and entrance to trailer.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Farmerkev
Explorer
Explorer
I use the poly version, no leaks.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
I use a number of them with my water hose and filter hookup. Always but the better brass ones, all the same brand. I tried to get the ones where I bought both parts at the same time. You are right, the cheaper ones will leak, but I have no problem with the ones I have. If I do have a small leak, just twist them a bit to reaseat, and the leak goes away.
To take them apart, be sure to turn water off, and release pressure in the hose or they will be very difficule to take apart, and will usually spray water on you.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.