cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water pump issue?

Brox
Explorer
Explorer
I had are 2014 200qb Kodiak out this weekend and I had to use the water pump because there were no hook ups.I've used it before with no issues but this time all it wanted to do was spit and sputter water out and not running water.I emptied my tank when I got home and refilled it and I turned the pump back on and let it sit awhile but when I went out to try it again it was still doing the same thing. Any suggestions?
To many nights to count already camped in 2014
8 REPLIES 8

hddecker
Explorer
Explorer
Brox wrote:
there was a cap around the hot water heater that looked like it had been leaking alittle.I tried to tighten it and it leaked more so I backed it out some and it stopped. there is a valve now that I'm remembering,I'll check it when I get home today

I suspect that it is the winterizing valve not turned off, this happened to us on our first trip. The guy that supposedly prepped our trailer didn't do anything with the water system, so all we got was the spitting and sputtering and about 2 gallons of antifreeze out of the taps.

stus__family
Explorer
Explorer
Check the suction line at the pump for a filter. It is a small bowl type with a screen filter inside that is probably full of plastic particles left in the tank during construction. Unscrew the bowl and clean the screen that should solve your problem.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Does it work on city water? Also maybe try unscrewing one of the faucet aerators and see if it runs better.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Brox
Explorer
Explorer
there was a cap around the hot water heater that looked like it had been leaking alittle.I tried to tighten it and it leaked more so I backed it out some and it stopped. there is a valve now that I'm remembering,I'll check it when I get home today

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Check to see if line that antifreeze is put in for winterization is open. It is on the inlet side of pump and would be drawing air if open or maybe it got moved slightly and is partially open. Also check that inlet hose from tank is attached tightly so no air is drawn in. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Brox
Explorer
Explorer
No valves that I'm aware of.I even tried hooking up to city water then unhooking and turning the pump back on

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Your pump is sucking air.
Do you have a valve for sucking anti-freeze from a jug? It could be open.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Your hot watertank isn't full? Maybe the valve for you winterization is in the wrong position? Do you have a valve labeled 'City water' or similar (it should be ot in the city water position)